Women are on the cusp of becoming the most powerful force in America. But to fundamentally transform this country, we need to pull together the millions of women and amplify and expand their civic engagement. Supermajority Education Fund is a new effort to build women’s power across the country by training and mobilizing a multiracial, intergenerational community who will lead the fight for gender equity. We will provide women with the tools, resources, and knowledge they need to channel the energy and activism of this moment and build it into a long-term movement for change.
Our goal is to engage millions of women and others who share common values on the need to achieve gender equity. Supermajority Education Fund will provide the training and community-building to help people both stay engaged and also increase their skills and confidence as advocates and grassroots organizers. We seek to build a national cohort of leaders that is multiracial and intergenerational, representing the diversity of our country, who learn from us and from each other about the powerful possibility of women. Through ongoing exposure to leaders, community efforts and issue education, we will create a united force across America that can work together to create the will to make substantive progress on issues that affect millions of women – from reproductive equity to affordable child care to equal pay. Supermajority Education Fund was created out of the belief that women know how to solve these problems but we need a trained, organized and united national movement in order to make real lasting change.
Supermajority Education Fund is seeking a freelance Product Manager to contract on a 10-12 week project to scope a new tool for community members. This product manager will be responsible for developing a plan that will ultimately result in the recommendation for how and what we will build to support our 2020 voter engagement efforts. This plan should include, but is not limited to, research, specification documentation, and the RFP and vendor selection process. Bonus points for delivering a skeleton of a product roadmap for this new effort.
While this position will begin as a consultant on a specific, discrete project, there could be an opportunity for full-time employment depending on the results of the project.
Ideal candidates for this contract position will be able to work autonomously, bring a great deal of empathy and creativity, and be committed to the mission of Supermajority Education Fund. Supermajority Education Fund is committed to building a big, multiracial, multigenerational community of activists and this new effort will play a critical role in developing, educating, and engaging them.
Deliverables and Activities:
- Research: this could include but isn’t limited to interviews of key internal stakeholders, analysis of current tools and competitive landscape, and surveys of current or potential community members
- Documentation: specifications and scope based on understanding of organizational goals and budget
- Recommendations: the research and documentation will support the creation of an RFP, including but not limited to a list of potential vendors, outreach to firms, review of materials submitted, evaluation criteria, and recommendations for go-forward
- Roadmap: As time allows, develop the strawman for a product roadmap and recommendations for staffing
The successful candidate must have the following skills and qualities:
- Experience leading and developing consumer product ideas from scratch
- Ability to work across multiple stakeholders to develop specs and requirements. Willingness to push back and question assumptions held by staff and others to ensure the success of the project
- Understanding of web-based product design for a diverse set of consumers, in particular across age and ability
- User research experience is a must
- A point of view on good user experience based on past history
- Good eye for design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
The strongest candidates will also have some of the following skills and experience:
- Commitment to advancing gender equity by building tools to support activism
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple assignments at a time
- Experience with tools commonly found across the progressive landscape is a plus, and even more than that, experience working with digital organizing tools
- Computer science or web development experience strongly preferred
This is a 12-week contract with the potential for full-time employment.
- Retainer starting at $10,000/month, commensurate with experience
How to Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter. Links to recent work are optional, but please provide if you have them. You may be asked to provide an additional sample based on a prompt as part of the applicant review process.
New Venture Fund Careers
Supermajority Education Fund is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund's work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Supermajority Education Fund collaborates and shares resources with Sixteen Thirty Fund’s Supermajority project.