Women are on the cusp of becoming the most powerful force in America. But to fundamentally transform this country, we need to work together. Supermajority Education Fund is a new effort to build women’s power across the country by training and mobilizing a multiracial, intergenerational community who will lead the fight for gender equity. We will provide women with the tools, resources, and knowledge they need to channel the energy and activism of this moment and change the direction of this country.
Supermajority Education Fund is seeking a Grants Manager to join the team. Reporting to the Development Director, the Grants Manager is a key member of the development team and is responsible for designing and executing a comprehensive grant application and management strategy. Working closely with the Development Director and the departmental leads, the Grants Manager will help write and produce funding proposals, oversee the grant application schedule, lead the tracking process, and draft various grant reports. The ideal candidate has strong written skills, is proactive, detail-oriented, communicative, creative and organized.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Serve as the lead writer for grant submissions, proposals and applications;
- Ensure these submissions are packaged according to the requirements of the donor or grant-giving organization;
- Ensure grant reporting is conducted effectively, packaging data from multiple sources and to the requirements of the grant-issuing organization;
- Assist with research about new funding opportunities for both short- and long-term institutional goals;
- Oversee the institutional fundraising calendar, ensuring proposals and reports are submitted in a timely manner and prospective and active funders receive ongoing cultivation and stewardship touchpoints by Development Director;
- Assist with development content and copy for major appeals and campaigns
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills a must
- Experience writing foundation, corporate and other institutional grants
- Interest and experience with women’s rights and advocacy organizations a plus
- The annual salary starts at $90,000 and is commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample below. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The deadline to apply is Monday, August 5.
New Venture Fund Careers
Supermajority Education Fund is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund's work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Supermajority Education Fund collaborates and shares resources with Sixteen Thirty Fund’s Supermajority project.