We're building the fastest email experience in the world.
- The most wanted product on Product Hunt, with 55K+ people on our waitlist
- Growing revenue 7% week-week, 30% month-month
- Loved and adored: see what our users say
Come shape the future of email, communication, and productivity!
Build love 💜
At Superhuman, we deeply understand how to build products that people love. We incorporate fun and play; we infuse magic and joy; we make experiences that amaze and delight.
For us, emotive design is not some afterthought. It is a core part of our strategy.
Own design ✏️
We are looking for an experienced product designer to lead all design at Superhuman.
This will range from crafting an iconic brand, through producing the most beautiful email experience ever made, to researching new features and conceiving new products. You will push both web and mobile to their limits.
As Superhuman scales, you will build and direct your own design team.
Create massive impact 🚀
We're not solving a small problem, and we're not addressing a small market. We're going after email; the one activity that consumes more of our work day than any other.
Our ambition doesn't stop there. Next: calendars, notes, contacts, tasks. We are building the productivity platform of the future.
At Superhuman, you will have massive impact: you will define product strategy, and translate big ideas into experiences that delight. You will create gorgeous products that millions of people use for hours every single day.
Do the best work of your life 🌟
As head of design, you will join as a core member of a seasoned team.
We made products at Apple, Google, LinkedIn, Zynga, Flipboard, and Facebook. We founded Rapportive (acquired by LinkedIn), LiveRamp (acquired for $310M), and built pry (used by 25% of Ruby developers). Our investors include First Round Capital, Sam Altman, and the founders of Gmail, Stripe, AngelList, Intercom.
This time, we're swinging for beyond the fences. We are building a household brand and a worldwide organization. We are here to do the best work of our lives, and we hope you are too.
- Define and operate an effective design process
- Translate user feedback into improvements, features, and products
- Research existing products to deeply understand the state of the art
- Explore workflows and interactions through prototypes
- Find opportunities to simplify and ways to infuse our product philosophy
- Iterate quickly with feedback from the team and our users
- Produce high fidelity visual designs that express our brand values
- Work closely with engineers to ship very high quality experiences
- Own the impact of your work, and initiate follow-up to continually improve it
- Write and present what you learn via our blog, social media, and community events
Sound Like You? 🙌
- Experience: You have 5-10+ years of experience across both product and visual design.
- Product: You dig deep to understand what users really want. You explore multiple directions, and relentlessly simplify. You create prototypes in Framer, Principle, HTML/CSS, etc.
- Visual: You are adept at color, layout, motion, and typography. You are great at transitions, animations, and micro-interactions. You create high-fidelity mockups in Sketch, Figma, etc.
- Brand: You are excited to define, build, and oversee a premium brand.
- Delight: You deeply understand how users think, and accurately predict how changes will make them feel. You enjoy creating delight.
- Initiative: You are a proactive self-starter, and you drive rapid change. You fix things that seem broken.
- Collaboration: You enjoy high bandwidth and productive conversations with growth, engineering, and product management.
- Writing: You are concise, thorough, and have impeccable grammar. You care about language, and enjoy writing for its own sake.
- Domain: You have strong opinions — well informed but loosely held — on email and productivity tools.
- Leadership: You are a respected design leader. You are excited to coach and mentor others.
- Location: San Francisco Bay Area
- Flexible vacation
- Catered lunch (5x per week)
- $3k desk set up of your choice
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
At Superhuman, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.