You're Brilliant. We're Hiring.
You are an amazing software engineer that loves taking new ideas and algorithms and applying them in creative ways. We are small, fast growing start-up, eager to build meaningful, everyday apps at scale. Our first product is Sunshine Contacts, but we are excited about building so much more with your help.
We are looking for hard-working, accomplished systems engineers who have an entrepreneurial mindset to join the team. You’ll design, ship, and maintain sophisticated systems that have multiple dependencies on external and internal systems, with millions of users in mind.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, concurrency, and distributed systems
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience building large scale systems
- Ability and experience writing maintainable Scala code that can be easily understood, refactored, and upgraded
- Solid understanding of programming and familiarity with various design and architectural patterns
- Ability to think critically about products and to shape technical and product strategy
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Under normal circumstances employees must be able to and willing to lawfully work out of our downtown Palo Alto, California office. However, under the current circumstances remote work is being accommodated in order to comply with safety measures.
- People matter to us a lot. Just celebrating diversity isn’t enough -- we commit to unabashedly tailoring our hiring practices, our processes, and our culture to foster an inclusive workplace for people of all backgrounds. Sunshine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer working to raise the standards of diversity in tech.