Sunset is Western America’s largest-circulation magazine since 1898, when it was originally founded by the Southern Pacific Railroad. Published monthly, Sunset shares the best of life in the West―from travel and food to home and garden―with over five million readers, fifteen million digital views and one million + social followers. We are passionate about showcasing the region’s unique lifestyle and noteworthy destinations, inspiring people to achieve the dream of living in the West.
As an Account Executive, you will play an integral role in supporting the growing brand in driving ad sales revenue through established partnerships and developing new clientele. We are looking for a talented seller with existing business to call on and excellent relationship-building skills who will take ownership in helping grow a cherished brand.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet or exceed sales targets
- Create and manage initiatives that result in revenue growth
- Develop new advertising sales customers to increase revenue
- Conduct research to generate prospects (Chamber of Commerce lists, competitive titles, local visitor’s guides etc.)
- Contact potential advertisers (advertising agencies and clients) over the telephone, in writing and via personal sales calls and group presentations
- Contact current advertising accounts to enhance customer satisfaction, upgrade accounts and/or sell new categories of advertising to further increase revenue; resolve customer problems
- Prepare media kits, proposals, and contracts
- Maintain open lines of communication with management to accurately forecast business and promptly respond to customer needs
OCCASIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Perform other duties/assignments as requested
Individual must have sufficient education, work experience and physical abilities to be able to perform the essential responsibilities of this position. Having experience in phone sales and/or customer service is an added strength.
Related BA/BS degree
Standard English vocabulary, reading and usage
- Proficiency use of Microsoft Office suite, File Maker Pro, Salesplan and Launchpad.
- Tactfully and courteously deal with people over the telephone and in some instances, in person at tourism conferences
- Ability to make and deliver presentations that are clear, concise, compelling, and effective
- Solid listening skills
- Solid phone skills
- Solid negotiating skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must be a self starter with ability to work effectively in an independent situation and in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and tasks
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Work under deadline pressure and frequent time constraints
The company, in its discretion reserves the right to modify this job description at any time.