Sunset is Western America’s largest-circulation magazine since 1898, when it was originally founded by the Southern Pacific Railroad. Published monthly, Sunset shares the best of life in the West―from travel and food to home and garden―with over five million readers, fifteen million digital views and one million + social followers. We are passionate about showcasing the region’s unique lifestyle and noteworthy destinations, inspiring people to achieve the dream of living in the West.
As the Sales Marketing Associate, you will play an integral role in supporting the growing marketing team in driving ad sales revenue by developing brand materials and marketing solutions that leverage the powerful Sunset brand through print, digital, video, social, and experiential assets. We are looking for a creative thinker with solid organizational and communication skills.
- Support the Head of Marketing and Events in developing compelling brand-specific sales materials and brainstorming marketing programs that are customized for relevant advertisers and categories.
- Create collateral, custom pitches and RFP proposals in partnership with the sales team, editorial team, and the Head of Marketing & Events.
- Maintain sales materials and custom program decks, updating collateral frequently.
- Respond to sales requests thoroughly and in a timely manner, providing regular status updates to team.
- Communicate with clients and sales throughout execution of events, added value and custom programs
- Manage franchise event logistics and on-site execution, supported by the Head of Marketing & Events.
- Produce added value and custom programs.
- Maintain project pipelines and trackers to ensure they remain current.
- Assist with special projects as needed, e.g., brand sell sheets, media kit maintenance, etc.
- Manage Sunset merchandise inventory.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A creative thinker
- A strong writer and proofreader
- Adept at navigating a fast-paced, ever-changing workflow
- A strong project manager
- Outgoing and able to communicate effectively
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Open to learning new skills and taking on new challenges
- 3-4 years of experience (either at an agency or at another similar media company)
- Events logistics coordination experience
- Sound knowledge of print and digital advertising industries
- Expert with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly PowerPoint
- Competent with Adobe Suite, including Acrobat, InDesign, and Photoshop