A Mission-Driven Company
Sunlight Financial is funding America’s transition to a clean energy future, house-by-house, roof-by-roof. A rapidly growing provider of consumer loans for residential solar, energy efficiency and home improvement, the company has funded over $1 billion in loans to date.
Sunlight partners with leading solar installers and home improvement contractors nationwide to help homeowners save money and protect our environment. The company’s front-end tools and back-end credit expertise simplify and streamline lending, enabling Sunlight’s channel partners to provide homeowners with the benefits of system ownership.
An Empowering and Entrepreneurial Culture
Sunlight Financial empowers its teammates to make a positive impact, at our company and in our world. The clean energy revolution is fast moving, and fast changing. In our entrepreneurial company and young industry, flexibility and initiative are key to our teammates’ success in supporting our partners. Our salaries are competitive, and our benefits are generous. Our culture is collaborative, and our teams are interconnected with a desire to work hard, succeed and have fun. For more information, visit www.sunlightfinancial.com
As an IT Project Manager, you will be responsible for leading and driving the implementation of technology projects from project initiation through production validation. As projects are prioritized, the IT Project Manager will assume ownership and work with the business requestor, IT business analysts (for larger projects), application developers, QA/testing team, and the business sponsor to ensure effective and efficient delivery.
- Portfolio Management: You will assist in project prioritization, and manage all issues logged across our JIRA Sprints and Releases. The span of work will cross multiple interfaces, applications and warehouse initiatives. You will communicate status to a team of internal and external parties.
- Time Management: You will be working with application developers, the QA/testing group, customers and management as all will be stakeholders on the projects assigned. You will need to drive the team toward successful execution.
- Leadership Skills: You will have to keep our application development resources motivated, resolve conflicts and work closely with the business to ensure their requirements are being met. You will need to set clear and achievable expectations, holding self and others to those expectations.
- Scheduling and Budgeting: Project managers are expected to keep and maintain a budget driving the delivery of the project to the effort estimates and timelines committed. Issues on either should be remediated or escalated as soon as possible.
- Analytical Skills: You will need analytical skills to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day. You will be analyzing data and making decisions that affect multiple projects on a regular basis. In cases where a Business Analyst is not assigned to a project (small-medium), you will be expected to fulfill the role.
- At minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering and/or Computer Science
- Demonstrated experience as an IT Project Manager, preferably in the financial services industry
- Thorough and persistent with questioning and follow-ups.
- Ability to engage, work and thrive in a hands-on fast paced team environment.
- Must have an understanding of Agile software development methodologies.
- Must have experience using Jira, particularly for managing projects and reporting.
- High-level of comfort with Salesforce, web and mobile technologies
- Understanding of the UX design and content processes.
- Excellent multitasking ability to coordinate multiple projects, meeting both scheduled and unscheduled deadlines
- Problem solver
- Works well in a geographically dispersed team environment and manage in an active, changing environment
- An understanding of the principles of digital accessibility preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to execute under pressure is key
- Five or more years of experience as an IT Project Manager.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Sunlight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sunlight complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Sunlight expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Sunlight’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.