Sunlight is the fastest growing provider of solar loans. In three years we’ve funded a billion dollars in residential solar. To accelerate our rapid growth, we are hiring a committed, energetic, Sales Development Specialist with a passion for renewable energy to join our team. This Sales Development Specialist will play a critical role in growing Sunlight Financials presence in a unique portion of the market while helping small businesses across the country increase revenue and clean energy deployment. This is an ideal first role for someone looking to begin their career in renewable energy or sales. After a year in this role, you will be an expert in the industry and ready to start closing your own deals.
Being aggressive, persistent and goal motivated will help an ideal candidate drive results from day one. Listening skills, enthusiasm and subject matter expertise will be apparent to partners over the phone and colleagues with whom they work shoulder to shoulder to continuously improve, adapt and grow both the department and Sunlight Financial. They will excel at using online and offline resources to identify potential partners, persistently building relationships, delivering information clearly and concisely and maintaining a positive attitude.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Identify potential partners for Sunlight Financial. Capture key facts about those partners using the internet and public and private data
- Qualify and set appointments with solar installers across the country from our offices for our inside sales team
- Learn the residential solar industry through formalized training and Sunlight’s sector experts
- Assist the inside sales team in managing the underwriting process for our installers
- Continuously update Sunlight’s internal systems and use data to make decisions
- Work in collaboration with Inside Sales Managers to ensure partnership success and to continually improve a new initiative within a growing company
- Be the “voice of the customer,” loud and clear
- Be our “boots on the ground”. Collect market intelligence
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- A passion for renewable energy and a strong interest in sales and/or growing companies
- Engaging, confident and energetic with the ability to create rapport and inspire action over the phone. You are persistent and relish changing “no” to “yes”
- Comfortable with software and research
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to prioritize
- Able to excel while working independently.
- Demonstrated commitment to mission-driven work
- Bachelor’s degree or associate degree desired
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Sunlight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sunlight complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Sunlight expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Sunlight’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.