A Mission-Driven Company
Sunlight Financial is funding America’s transition to a clean energy future, house-by-house, roof-by-roof. A rapidly growing provider of consumer loans for residential solar, energy efficiency and home improvement, the company has funded over $1 billion in loans to date.
Sunlight partners with leading solar installers and home improvement contractors nationwide to help homeowners save money and protect our environment. The company’s front-end tools and back-end credit expertise simplify and streamline lending, enabling Sunlight’s channel partners to provide homeowners with the benefits of system ownership.
An Empowering and Entrepreneurial Culture
Sunlight Financial empowers its teammates to make a positive impact, at our company and in our world. The clean energy revolution is fast moving, and fast changing. In our entrepreneurial company and young industry, flexibility and initiative are key to our teammates’ success in supporting our partners. Our salaries are competitive, and our benefits are generous. Our culture is collaborative, and our teams are interconnected with a desire to work hard, succeed and have fun. For more information, visit www.sunlightfinancial.com.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Profile qualify and close partnerships with solar installers across the country from our offices
- Learn residential solar industry through formalized training and Sunlight’s sector experts
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of Sunlight Financial products and attributes, understand customer needs and requirement and help the two connect
- Source new partnership opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Clearly explain and position technical issues such as financial products and legal agreements and overcome objections
- Continuously update Sunlight’s internal systems and use data to make decisions
- Work in collaboration with Account Managers to ensure partnership success
- Innovate on sales processes, pitches and approaches; provide feedback and enhancements, collaborate with other Sunlight Financial teammates to continually improve a new initiative within a growing company
- Be the “voice of the customer,” loud and clear
- Help our partners address challenges large and small. The little things count
- Be our “boots on the ground. Collect market intelligence
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Must have at least 2+ years work experience with inside sales
- Engaging, confident and energetic with the ability to create rapport and inspire action over the phone
- Thrive in situations that require initiative, thinking on your feet and adaptation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to prioritize
- Able to excel while working remotely and independently.
- Demonstrated commitment to mission-driven work
- Background in consumer finance is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or associate degree desire
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Sunlight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sunlight complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Sunlight expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Sunlight’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to provide any form sponsorship now, or anytime in the future for this role.