We heard you might be looking for a new opportunity! sunday might be the perfect stop for you. Just in case you haven't heard, sunday is an exciting and thriving FinTech (or FunTech) startup that's changing the way payments are made in restaurants across the world. We are saving millions of people minutes at the end of their meal with the simple scan of a tiny 4x4cm QR code. The coolest thing is we are growing quickly and possibly have the perfect position for you.
At sunday we are creating the future of payments, and we are looking for data scientists located in North America or Europe to grow our data team !
With steady growth, millions of requests to handle, a rich and complex business domain, you'll find plenty of exciting data projects to work on at sunday. We are convinced that data is key for our business and want to build a bold data team to spread this data-driven culture.
Our data team is in the Central Operations team, at the heart of our business. This way, you'll be reporting to our Data Sciences Lead and collaborating closely with tech, product, and all business teams !
You'll also get to visit a tonne of restaurants and enjoy their food :)
- Apply Machine Learning to build new features for our product and bring data intelligence to internal processes
- Own data siences project management, from ideation with product and roll-out in production with data engineers
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand expected output & translate their business insights into the model
- Own testing, POC & analysis of model impact on business
- Engage with tech teams to put model into production
- Participate on our data sciences team strategy : definition, priorization & planning of use cases
Who we look for:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in a quantitative field (computer sciences, statistics, economics, mathematics, engineering)
- At least 3 years experience in a data sciences role - building Machine Learning models to solve business problems and putting them to production
- Appetite to work with both business, product & tech teams and very good communication / vulgarization skills
- Exceptional analytical skills (Python, ML, experience in building recommendation / personalization models, SQL)
- Ability to write production-level code (object-oriented programming, unit testing, git, CI/CD, GCP experience)
- Owner mentality - You will be given lots of responsibilities and along with this, a steep learning curve
What we offer
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Position with full flexibility: full remote, partial or in office
- 100% health coverage for you and equal parental leave policy
- A lot of responsibilities and opportunities to grow (also internationally)
Steps in our recruiting process:
- Share your story: Application with resume and questions
- Present your motivation through video recordings
- Impress your future colleagues with a case study
- Meet with people from other departments and understand our culture
- Let's get to know each other through an in-depth interview with the hiring manager
- Offer: we want you
Thank you for taking the time to apply, and looking forward to getting to know you!
sunday is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, ethnicity, religion, national origin, ancestry, nationality, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by law (except where an attribute is a bona fide occupational qualification).