We heard you might be looking for a new opportunity! sunday might be the perfect stop for you. Just in case you haven't heard, sunday is an exciting and thriving FinTech (or FunTech) startup that's changing the way payments are made in restaurants across the world. We are saving millions of people minutes at the end of their meal with the simple scan of a tiny 4x4cm QR code. The coolest thing is we are growing quickly and possibly have the perfect position for you.
We are happy that you are considering applying!
Tip: As the first step is just about submitting your resume, we advise you to carefully review the requirements below, and update your resume to best reflect how your profile fits the role.
At sunday we are creating the future of payments. We are looking for a senior product designer to join our rapidly growing international product organization. You will work closely with our product and engineering teams to drive the experience of our products, guiding our design team in taking features from ideation to production while distilling complex challenges into elegant, engaging solutions.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic, collaborative designer who possesses a well-rounded background, great people skills, and a reputation for being a highly-organized problem solver. You have experience working in fast-paced (we mean it!) cross-functional teams, can communicate complex ideas simply, and are ready to take your skills to the next level while setting the bar for our team and for design industry-wide.
This position will report to the Director of Product Design.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with our Consumer and Merchant teams to define challenges and design solutions that keep our products at the forefront of utility while maintaining a consistently high bar of quality and integrity
- Lead our team of product designers to simplify complex design problems and find opportunities to deliver more value to our customers
- Proactively develop and share ideas for improving every aspect of our products
- Design and prototype quickly but meticulously, ensuring all files are accessible and legible
- Ensure consistency throughout our products’ design systems and the application thereof by our engineering teams
- Always be a vocal advocate for our customers and possess a strong understanding of how data and qualitative research builds outstanding products
Who you are
- 7+ years of digital product design including end-to-end execution, rapid prototyping, and a proven track record of collaboratively applying research and strategy to inform design decisions
- 3+ years of experience managing teams of product, UX, and UI designers in a fast-paced environment with a knack for delegation and a stomach for trust
- You have a portfolio or case study samples that showcase the products you’ve helped deliver to market, as well as the design processes that led to their launch
- You're fluent in the latest product design trends internationally, and work comfortably with international teams
- You have a deep understanding of how qualitative and quantitative research inform product and design decisions
- You thrive in and enjoy design as a practice on multidisciplinary teams, alongside engineers, product managers and other designers
- You’re extremely passionate about sunday’s mission
What we offer
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Position with full flexibility: full remote, partial or in office
- 100% health coverage for you and equal parental leave policy
- A lot of responsibilities and opportunities to grow (also internationally)
Steps in our recruiting process:
- Share your story: Application with resume and questions
- Present your motivation through video recordings
- Amaze your future colleagues with a case study
- Meet with people from other departments and understand our culture
- Let's get to know each other through an in-depth interview with hiring manager
- Offer: we want you
Thank you for taking the time to apply, and looking forward to getting to know you!
sunday is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, ethnicity, religion, national origin, ancestry, nationality, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by law (except where an attribute is a bona fide occupational qualification).