We heard you might be looking for a new opportunity! sunday might be the perfect stop for you. Just in case you haven't heard, sunday is an exciting and thriving FinTech (or FunTech) startup that's changing the way payments are made in restaurants across the world. We are saving millions of people minutes at the end of their meal with the simple scan of a tiny 4x4cm QR code. The coolest thing is we are growing quickly and possibly have the perfect position for you.
The fraud champion for the business and ultimate owner of the core KPI to reduce chargebacks and fraud for the business. You will have experience in building systems and teams at another organisation and bring a depth of knowledge with you to ensure we’re proactive in identifying new risks and managing them down for Sunday & our restaurant partners. Understanding the entire customer lifecycle and potential target point for unscrupulous activity is a must as Sunday offers a disruptive user experience to our customers.
- Develop an intricate knowledge of Sunday’s customers and merchants to fully articulate normal user behaviour and potential weaknesses within the customer journey.
- Provide Fraud subject matter expertise on new markets, payment methods and product launches to ensure fraud mitigation requirements are met.
- Identify, onboard and build fraud products and processed cross-functionally with peers in the company to drive a data-driven approach to managing down fraud.
- Build operational processes to ensure fraud and chargeback levels are well below industry standard whilst working with peers in the payments team to ensure revenue is not impacted as a result.
- Define and monitor key metrics, understanding the root causes of fraud.
- Anticipate new risks as Sunday launches into new markets with new alternative payment methods integrated.
- Work closely with the commercial team to provide consistent and transparent feedback to our merchants to enable a cross-party effort to reduce fraud.
Who we look for:
- 5+ years of experience working in a fraud mitigation role for a merchant or within a fraud focussed fintech as a supplier.
- Has a strong passion for driving and owning projects from ideation/creation through to execution and continual management.
- Strong commercial and legal negotiation skills
- Creative mindset who can imagine new business models and think outside the box
- Strong communicator and can manage varying internal and external stakeholders to drive results
- Native English speaker with additional languages a plus
- Preference to be based in the USA (Atlanta) but will definitely consider talent elsewhere!
What we offer
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Position with flexibility: partial remote and office in London
- 100% health coverage for you and equal parental leave policy
- The chance to be yourself whilst delivering great results
- A lot of responsibilities and opportunities to grow (also internationally)
Steps in our recruiting process:
- Share your story: Application with resume and questions
- Present your motivation through video recordings
- Impress your future colleagues with a case study
- Meet with people from other departments and understand our culture
- Let's get to know each other through an in-depth interview with hiring manager
- Offer: we want you
Thank you for taking the time to apply, and looking forward to getting to know you!
sunday is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, ethnicity, religion, national origin, ancestry, nationality, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by law (except where an attribute is a bona fide occupational qualification).