We heard you might be looking for a new opportunity! sunday might be the perfect stop for you. Just in case you haven't heard, sunday is an exciting and thriving FinTech (or FunTech) startup that's changing the way payments are made in restaurants across the world. We are saving millions of people minutes at the end of their meal with the simple scan of a tiny 4x4cm QR code. The coolest thing is we are growing quickly and possibly have the perfect position for you.
*This position is available in Boston, Chicago, DC, Denver, Dallas, LA, Miami, Nashville, San Francisco, and Philadelphia*
About the Role
sunday is rapidly expanding in the US, and we are looking for City General Managers to launch our product and lead our business in major metropolitan areas in the US.
The City GM will have full ownership of sunday’s performance in the city (Gross Transaction Volume, Restaurant satisfaction, Team satisfaction & engagement). The City GM will lead commercial efforts across Sellers and the execution and performance of Operations Associates in a key metropolitan area and its surroundings. The City GM will work closely with other GMs, as well as the Head of US Sales and Head of US Operations to leverage best practices from all parts of sunday.
This individual drives the commercial strategy of each city, making commercial decisions and setting go to market strategy. The City GM owns the results and performance of their geographic area and will be expected to participate in the Sales cycle for the highest value prospective accounts as well as oversee the onboarding of restaurant partners.
What You'll Do
- Develop local expertise of the restaurant landscape in the city you are responsible for
- Build vision and strategy for winning in your city
- Hire, train, and lead a brilliant team of Sellers and Operations Associates to drive commercial strategy and execution. We are looking exclusively for people that match our core criteria : Entrepreneurial mindset, Autonomy, Team player, Growth mindset, Ambitious, Fun.
- Own performance of active restaurant partners to drive adoption of sunday and grow GTV
- Establish strong working relationships with the other City General Managers in North America to help identify and addresses operational priorities in support of customer adoption and engagement
- The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor's Degree with preference in Business or a related field, brings 5+ years of relevant experience in a field such as operations, finance, management, management consulting, and/or corporate strategy and has led or made significant contributions to the launch or scale of either restaurant, a relevant startup or high-growth technology company
- Experience being a leader among peers, influencing cross-functional partners and setting an example for others
- An entrepreneurial mindset, passion for building things, working towards a shared goal, and ownership of outcomes
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with diverse set of stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment
- Analytical and data-driven consistently seeking data to inform decision making
What we offer
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Position with full flexibility: full remote, partial or in office (although candidate needs to be based in their city)
- 100% health coverage for you and equal parental leave policy
- Significant responsibilities and opportunities to grow (also internationally)
sunday is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, ethnicity, religion, national origin, ancestry, nationality, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by law (except where an attribute is a bona fide occupational qualification).