We heard you might be looking for a new opportunity! sunday might be the perfect stop for you. Just in case you haven't heard, sunday is an exciting and thriving FinTech (or FunTech) startup that's changing the way payments are made in restaurants across the world. We are saving millions of people minutes at the end of their meal with the simple scan of a tiny 4x4cm QR code. The coolest thing is we are growing quickly and possibly have the perfect position for you.
sunday is changing the way payments are made in restaurants, with one tiny 4x4cm QR code at a time. We’re giving people their time back, improving diners’ experience and making the life of restauranteurs that much easier. Our clients already include brands such as Corbin & King, Hoxton, or Michelin-Star restaurant Jacques Faussat, and it is just the beginning!
Therefore, we’re looking for an experienced Commercial Director with a great background in and passion for the hospitality industry, who will help us get QR codes on all tables in the UK and paint the country pink. This role will be extremely strategic as you will be responsible for building the commercial strategy and leading the sales teams that will help us accomplish our mission.
What you’ll do:
- Build the strategy and playbooks to address both the Enterprise, high value regional restaurant chains and the SMB segments.
- Hire, upskill and be a great leader to the SMB and Enterprise sales teams in place to ensure Sunday can move quickly and succeed at scale.
- Work closely with the GM UK and Leadership team to accelerate the business and help establish sunday durably in the UK.
- Be responsible for driving sunday’s exponential growth through identifying, engaging and closing the most strategic deals for sunday and establishing the foundation of a strong working, mutually beneficial relationship with our biggest restaurant partners.
Who we look for:
- 15+ years of experience in a similar role in business development in the FoodTech or FinTech space and a strong global network, experienced in C-level engagement
- Proven experience in building, leading and scaling high performing teams in a high growth/scale-up company - hospitality industry is a plus
- Very strong business acumen and strategic thinking skills - someone who is very comfortable selling using data and financials, and who can think outside the box and imagine new business models
- An agile self-starter, who is comfortable with ambiguity and knows how to lead changes with his team
- Ability to work closely with and influence internal teams, notably Tech, Product and Operations to solve Restaurant Partner's problems
- Knowledge of Salesforce and good understanding of Sales Operations
What we offer
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Position with full flexibility: full remote, partial or in office
- 100% health coverage for you and equal parental leave policy
- A lot of responsibilities and opportunities to grow (also internationally)
Steps in our recruiting process:
- Share your story: Application with resume
- Amaze your future colleagues with a case study
- Meet with people from other departments and understand our culture
- Let's get to know each other through an in-depth interview with hiring manager
- Meet our CEO and co-founder
- Offer: we want you!
Thank you for taking the time to apply, and looking forward to get to know you!