We heard you might be looking for a new opportunity! sunday might be the perfect stop for you. Just in case you haven't heard, sunday is an exciting and thriving FinTech (or FunTech) startup that's changing the way payments are made in restaurants across the world. We are saving millions of people minutes at the end of their meal with the simple scan of a tiny 4x4cm QR code. The coolest thing is we are growing quickly and possibly have the perfect position for you.
At sunday we are creating the future of payments. We are looking for a passionate and proven solutions architect leader to drive all aspects of our technical assessments of Point of Sales & Integrations-related products. As the owner of the pre-delivery of integrations, you ensure that all is done to maximize our development speed once we enter the delivery phase. This team is very central to actualizing our mission, and communicates heavily with engineering, internal, and external stakeholders
This position will report to the Head of Product.
What you’ll do
- Ensure that POSs are technically assessed and ready for integration before they go into delivery.
- Foster an environment that enables the POS & Integrations Engineering team to build quickly while maintaining a high standard for quality
- Own the entire technical relationship with POS vendors and other integration partners.
- Work closely with our operations and partnerships team and be the tech representative for our integration partners.
- Maintain a robust backlog, breaking projects into attainable milestones with MVP deliveries
- Strategize and excute on the quality of our assessments and pre-delivery work to speed-up delivery of integrations.
- Define and track metrics to assess success and failure of integrations, while ensuring the team and stakeholders are aligned on goals
Who you are
- 2+ years of solutions architect experience (or similar) building and overseeing integrations with POS and Payment partners in hospitality and/or retail industries
- Have a successful track record of partnering with engineering teams to build API systems and frameworks, with a deep understanding of API technologies (GraphQL, Swagger, OAuth, JSON, data layer queries, frontend build system technologies etc) as well as technical governance (standards, compatibility, lifecycle management, monitoring)
- The capacity to understand the needs of our merchants, their customers/employees, and sunday employees, to spot common trends and needs
- Confident participating in very technical conversations, and to push back on engineering and analyst peers when appropriate; the ability to drive consensus and commit, even with all parties don’t agree
- Genuinely interested in technology and new industry trends
- Comfortable and confident presenting to all levels within sunday and work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units including at the executive level
- Experienced and comfortable working with remote international teams
- Experienced in analyzing and using data to inform decisions or influence stakeholders
- Passionate about sunday’s mission
What we offer
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Position with full flexibility: full remote, partial or in office
- 100% health coverage for you and equal parental leave policy
- A lot of responsibilities and opportunities to grow (also internationally)
Steps in our recruiting process:
- Share your story: Application with resume and questions
- Present your motivation through video recordings
- Amaze your future colleagues with a case study
- Meet with people from other departments and understand our culture
- Let's get to know each other through an in-depth interview with hiring manager
- Offer: we want you
Thank you for taking the time to apply, and looking forward to get to know you!