We heard you might be looking for a new opportunity! sunday might be the perfect stop for you. Just in case you haven't heard, sunday is an exciting and thriving FinTech (or FunTech) startup that's changing the way payments are made in restaurants across the world. We are saving millions of people minutes at the end of their meal with the simple scan of a tiny 4x4cm QR code. The coolest thing is we are growing quickly and possibly have the perfect position for you.
At sunday we are creating the future of payments. We are looking for a design leader to join and shape our rapidly growing international product organization. You will create and craft a clear vision, design strategy, and organizational principles for how the entire product design organization will actualize sunday’s mission. You will be the first Product Design team member at sunday.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic, influential team leader who possesses a well-rounded design background, and has a strong visual point of view complimented by solid UX fundamentals. You have experience growing and mentoring various levels of product designers, and are ready to build your organization from the ground up.
This position will report to the VP of Product.
What you’ll do
- Oversee all facets of product design for sunday, establish design standards and patterns, best practices and maintain a consistently high bar of quality in all of sunday’s products
- Guide, lead and inspire your team and colleagues through all phases of the design process including: distilling data and research insights, leading group ideation sessions, conducting design reviews, and providing design support through final implementation
- Build and develop the team: grow and mentor your international team of designers to simplify complex design problems and find opportunities to push the bounds of what is possible within our industry
- Work closely with other functional leaders to prioritize, plan, and set roadmaps across all pillars of our organization
- Communicate progress and key updates with other teams, partners, and leadership on a regular basis
- Foster highly collaborative working relationships between the design team and members of product, engineering, and brand teams to deliver a seamless, unified experience to our customers
- Build and evangelize design thinking into how we work across design, product, and engineering, and represent design and user experience across the company’s leadership
- Always be a vocal advocate for our customers and possess a strong understanding of how data and qualitative research builds outstanding products
- Act as the UX advocate for local users and internationalization to inform our product and design strategies, and use quantitative data and qualitative feedback to inform the design decisions iteratively
- Create a world-class global product design organization and culture that continually balances the value exchanged in each interaction between our users and sunday
Who you are
- 8+ years of digital product design and leadership including end-to-end execution, with proven track record from B2B to B2C, shallow to deep, one time to repeated usage, innovation to iteration, and web to app experiences
- 6+ years experience building, leading, and a master of scaling teams while advancing their careers
- You have a portfolio or case study samples that showcase the products you’ve delivered to market, as well as the design processes that led to their launch
- You're fluent in the latest product design trends internationally, and work comfortably with international teams
- An excellent storyteller and influential communicator who can convey very complex design topics to a variety of audiences
- You have a deep understanding of how qualitative and quantitative research inform product and design decisions
- You thrive and enjoy leading design as a practice on multidisciplinary teams, alongside editors, engineers, product managers and other designers
- You’re extremely passionate about sunday’s mission
What we offer
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Position with full flexibility: full remote, partial or in office
- 100% health coverage for you and equal parental leave policy
- A lot of responsibilities and opportunities to grow (also internationally)
Steps in our recruiting process:
- Share your story: Application with resume and questions
- Present your motivation through video recordings
- Amaze your future colleagues with a case study
- Meet with people from other departments and understand our culture
- Let's get to know each other through an in-depth interview with hiring manager
- Offer: we want you
Thank you for taking the time to apply, and looking forward to get to know you!