Sundae’s mission is to help homeowners get the best outcome when it’s time to sell a house that needs some love. For too long, the process of selling outdated and damaged houses has been terrible for sellers. Local property investors capitalize on homeowner distress to purchase houses cheaply and resell them for huge profits.
Sundae is putting more of those profits back in the hands of the homeowner. We’ve developed a model to predict when sellers will need our help, and a best-in-class sales and marketing team to reach them and a trusted brand that allows us to grow even faster through word of mouth and referrals. With scale and efficiency, we’re able to redistribute economic value to sellers in the form of the most competitive price so that Sundae can become the largest buyer of homes that need love in the United States.
We are a Tier 1 Venture Capital backed company with product-market fit, scaling revenue, and a massive addressable market opportunity. Our team is composed of seasoned leaders from real estate and marketplace businesses and with significant high-growth company experience (Airbnb, Dropbox, Chime, LendingHome).
Joining Sundae means being part of the team that’s bringing compassion and transparency to the business of helping homeowners sell in their time of need. If you’re driven by making a positive impact on people’s lives and want to support our mission, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
This is a newly created position to support and perform loan accounting functions at Sundae. The Loan Analyst/Accountant will be responsible for the reconciling and accounting of all lenders’ activities at Sundae. This role will interface with the lenders, operations and treasury to track and book loan activities from origination to warehousing, sales or payoffs. Understanding, reconciling, and interpreting loan data from different sources are the core functions. The candidate will operate in a fast-paced environment and will be able to handle multiple tasks and requests. In this role the candidate will also support other functions of the Finance/Accounting team.
- Track, reconcile and book loan origination data in Salesforce and in Excel
- Track, reconcile and book construction draws and third-party reimbursements using bank records and internal transaction records
- Reconcile loan sales, calculate loan sale profitability based on loan sale settlement spreadsheets and bank records, and derive accounting journal entries
- Reconcile loan warehouse-financing activities based on complex collateralized finance settlement spreadsheets, derive business interpretations and accounting journal entries
- Overall, track, reconcile, account, and report all activities through life of a loan of the company’s commercial mortgage loans via data management and accounting methods
- Able to learn quickly and operate independently in a complex and evolving environment
- Possess strong project management, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Extreme attention to detail and a high degree of ownership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-driven with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- A self-starter and avid learner are the essential characteristics
- Understanding of all the loan data associated with life of a loan, loan parameters and loan economics
- Prior experience in mortgage finance, structured finance or collateralized finance
- Advanced user of MS Excel
- Experienced with bank data reconciliations and accounting journal entries.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in loan accounting or loan analysis
- Knowledge of mortgage loan origination, loan sale and loan finance process
- Proficient in large data management and complex Excel formula
- Knows how to interpret data and formula into meaningful finance economics
- BS or BA in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Opportunity to revolutionize the real-estate industry with a mission to help those in need
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals in a highly collaborative culture
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash salary
- Stock option package
- Extremely competitive health benefits - 100% medical, dental, vision coverage
- Retirement benefits including pre- and post- tax options
- Generous PTO Policy
We here at Sundae strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Sundae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Where permitted by applicable law, employees must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
Follow us on LinkedIn
Watch our overview video
Watch our customer testimonial