Sundae’s mission is to help homeowners get the best outcome when it’s time to sell a house that needs some love. For too long, the process for selling outdated and damaged houses has been terrible for sellers. Local property investors capitalize on homeowner distress to purchase houses cheap and resell them for huge profits.
Sundae is putting more of those profits back in the hands of the homeowner. We’ve developed a model to predict when sellers will need our help, and a best-in-class sales and marketing team to reach them and a trusted brand that allows us to grow even faster through word of mouth and referrals. With scale and efficiency we’re able to redistribute economic value to sellers in the form of the most competitive price so that Sundae can become the largest buyer of homes that need love in the United States.
We are a Founders Fund-backed company with product-market fit, scaling revenue, and a massive addressable market opportunity. Our team is comprised of seasoned leaders from real estate and marketplace businesses and with significant high-growth company experience (Airbnb, Dropbox, Chime, LendingHome).
Joining Sundae means being part of the team that’s bringing compassion and transparency to the business of helping homeowners sell in their time of need. If you’re driven by making a positive impact in people’s lives and want to support our mission, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced marketer to lead the Paid Media Team at Sundae, overseeing all paid media channels, both offline and online including search, paid social, display, video, direct mail, OOH, TV, and more. This role is based at our headquarters in San Francisco, CA and reports to the VP of Marketing & Growth.
As the Head of Paid Media, you will recruit and manage a talented team, develop our paid media strategy, and manage a multi-million dollar media budget. You’ll partner with Engineering and Analytics to build our ad tech and reporting infrastructure, enabling the team to test aggressively, track and measure performance, and scale initiatives. In this role, you’ll also be responsible for overall planning, forecasting, and optimization of Sundae’s paid media budget to profitably acquire leads and convert them through the funnel using paid media campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have broad performance marketing experience leading efforts for consumer facing products/services. This is a highly visible position that will interact with multiple teams across marketing and at all levels of the company. We are looking for a customer-obsessed and performance-minded marketer who brings operational excellence and the ability to deliver results in a high-growth organization. Success in this role means delivering on our aggressive growth and performance goals and developing the playbook for new market expansion as we extend the business to new markets across the U.S.
- Manage and optimize a large, multi-million dollar paid media marketing budget across channels and markets to meet campaign performance goals.
- Build and lead the Paid Media marketing team across digital and non-digital channels including search, paid social media, display, video, direct mail, OOH, TV, etc.
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to determine overall strategy, quarterly and annual goals, hiring plans, KPIs and reporting.
- Own the media strategy, execution, and testing across channels partnering with the content team on creative strategy and testing.
- Introduce and drive adoption of new media platforms, technologies and measurement solutions to support growth goals.
- Own reporting of media plans, measurement and optimization to leadership on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Analytics teams to build a world-class performance marketing infrastructure for data management, tracking, attribution, automation, and optimization.
- Develop a data-driven methodology for innovating, testing and learning using full-funnel metrics to improve campaign performance across all paid marketing channels.
- Drive business requirements for internal tools and third party platforms that will enable the team to optimize performance while significantly scaling our paid media efforts.
- Build the Paid Media playbook and contribute to forecasting for new market expansion to support Sundae’s aggressive growth and expansion goals.
- You have 8+ years of marketing experience, with a heavy emphasis on paid media and performance marketing at consumer product/service businesses with a proven track record of delivering on performance goals.
- You have 4+ years of experience building and leading a multi-channel paid media team with deep expertise and direct oversight of online and offline media channels including paid social, search, display, video, direct mail, and OOH.
- You’re able to recruit, develop, and lead a high-performing team that delivers results and demonstrates continuous improvement.
- You have deep technical understanding of paid media platforms, data management solutions, and measurement / attribution methodologies and tools.
- You’re able to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to detailed execution with an extremely high attention to detail.
- You have persuasive written, verbal, and presentation skills. You’re adept at crafting a logical narrative to drive recommendations, articulate tradeoffs, and communicate plans.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and have demonstrated success in influencing cross-functional teams, stakeholders and leadership.
- You’re an entrepreneurial self-starter skilled at prioritizing and managing multiple project schedules and deadlines that run simultaneously, while balancing quality and speed.
- You continually learn and improve through rigorous experimentation and measurement that lead to insights and learning. You love to dig into the data to understand trends, generate hypotheses, and scale successful findings. Strong SQL skills a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
- Opportunity to revolutionize the real-estate industry with a mission to help those in need
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals in a highly collaborative culture
- Competitive cash salary and compelling equity package based on experience, with medical and dental benefits
We here at Sundae strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Sundae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Follow us on LinkedIn
Watch our overview video