Sundae’s mission is to help homeowners get the best outcome when it’s time to sell a house that needs some love. For too long, the process for selling outdated and damaged houses has been terrible for sellers. Local property investors capitalize on homeowner distress to purchase houses cheap and resell them for huge profits.
Sundae is putting more of those profits back in the hands of the homeowner. We’ve developed a model to predict when sellers will need our help, and a best-in-class sales and marketing team to reach them and a trusted brand that allows us to grow even faster through word of mouth and referrals. With scale and efficiency we’re able to redistribute economic value to sellers in the form of the most competitive price so that Sundae can become the largest buyer of homes that need love in the United States.
We are a Founders Fund-backed company with product-market fit, scaling revenue, and a massive addressable market opportunity. Our team is comprised of seasoned leaders from real estate and marketplace businesses and with significant high-growth company experience (Airbnb, Dropbox, Chime, LendingHome).
Joining Sundae means being part of the team that’s bringing compassion and transparency to the business of helping homeowners sell in their time of need. If you’re driven by making a positive impact in people’s lives and want to support our mission, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
Sundae is building it’s Customer Solutions team to engage with prospective home sellers. This is an opportunity to develop personally and professionally while working with a fast-paced team that values candor, authenticity, and creativity.
As a Customer Advisor, you are a customer’s first point of contact to evaluate their needs and assess whether or not Sundae is a good fit for their situation. If we are positioned to help, you’ll schedule an appointment for a local Market Expert to visit the seller and their property in person. This role also coordinates our Valuation and Construction teams to help ensure everything goes smoothly during the Market Expert’s visit and we can present our best offer as fast as possible. You’ll interface with internal partners as often customers! At this early stage in Sundae’s lifecycle, you’ll have an impact on everything from playbooks to sales tool development to marketing strategy. You’ll work with members from every team to solve the problems facing our customers. Strong producers and leaders in this role have tremendous opportunity for growth into management or other teams within the organization as we scale.
- Develop and refine dynamic phone scripts that adapt to different customer personas
- Generate referrals from existing happy customers
- Build and iterate Sundae’s end-to-end workflow and make recommendations for updates to Salesforce
- Manage a comprehensive lifecycle pipeline ranging from customers performing initial research to sellers who have been presented an offer in writing
- Work directly with management to package learnings from customer interaction into actionable feature expansion and new product development
- Train and mentor new teammates
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Meticulous sales pipeline management
- Ability to communicate complex topics in simple succinct terms
- Effective time management and task prioritization
- Data-driven (borderline obsessed)
- Comfortable in unstructured environments
- Impeccable organization and attention to detail
- A healthy compulsion to document processes while implementing learnings
- Empathic, active listening
- Politely persistent
- Curious, yet authoritative
- Personal interest in real estate and investing (preferred)
- 4+ years of demonstrated success in a quota-carrying sales roles
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred but not required)
- Highly computer literate, mastery of Google Suite products
- Experience using Salesforce.com (preferred)
- Experience growing a role at an early stage company (preferred)
- Professional experience in real estate or financial services (preferred)
Compensation & Benefits
- Opportunity to revolutionize the real-estate industry with a mission to help those in need
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals in a highly collaborative culture
- Competitive cash salary and compelling equity package based on experience, with medical and dental benefits
We here at Sundae strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Sundae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.