Sundae’s mission is to help homeowners get the best outcome when it’s time to sell a house that needs some love. For too long, the process for selling outdated and damaged houses has been terrible for sellers. Local property investors capitalize on homeowner distress to purchase houses cheap and resell them for huge profits.
Sundae is putting more of those profits back in the hands of the homeowner. We’ve developed a model to predict when sellers will need our help, and a best-in-class sales and marketing team to reach them and a trusted brand that allows us to grow even faster through word of mouth and referrals. With scale and efficiency we’re able to redistribute economic value to sellers in the form of the most competitive price so that Sundae can become the largest buyer of homes that need love in the United States.
We are a Founders Fund-backed company with product-market fit, scaling revenue, and a massive addressable market opportunity. Our team is comprised of seasoned leaders from real estate and marketplace businesses and with significant high-growth company experience (Airbnb, Dropbox, Chime, LendingHome).
Joining Sundae means being part of the team that’s bringing compassion and transparency to the business of helping homeowners sell in their time of need. If you’re driven by making a positive impact in people’s lives and want to support our mission, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced marketer to lead the Content Team at Sundae, overseeing all aspects of content including the website and blog, campaigns, social media, SEO, and more. Reporting to the VP of Marketing & Growth, this role is based at our headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
The ideal candidate is equal parts creative storyteller and data-driven growth marketer. In this role, you’ll be responsible for both brand and conversion-focused content including web, video, long-form, infographics, and social media. You’ll collaborate closely with other marketing functions including design, paid media, and lifecycle marketing to develop and execute campaigns. In addition, you’ll partner with engineering and analytics on Sundae’s SEO strategy and execution. Success in this role means delivering on performance goals for engagement, traffic, lead generation and conversion throughout the marketing funnel.
- Recruit and manage the Content Team including full-time staff and freelance writers, content creators, SEO, and social media talent.
- Develop content and editorial strategy to position Sundae as a leader in the residential real estate industry and a trusted resource for both marketplace partners and homeowners throughout their customer journey.
- Strategize, plan, and execute content marketing calendars and campaigns to support key business objectives, bringing ideas from presentation to production including both short and long form content (e.g., videos, blogs, white papers, infographics, ad copy, social media content, etc.)
- Own the content strategy and optimization roadmap for the Sundae website.
- Drive Sundae’s SEO strategy and roadmap in collaboration with the engineering and analytics teams with a focus on rapidly scaling our SEO program.
- Use audience insights, keyword research, messaging themes, content performance insights to uncover traffic expansion opportunities and to plan and execute SEO campaigns that drive results.
- Define analytics requirements and oversee the development of dashboards that measure content, social, website, and SEO performance against KPIs and enable the team to test, learn, and demonstrate improvement over time.
- Develop the strategy for Sundae’s social channels in order to grow our reach, drive traffic, and build community through customer service and engagement.
- Ensure all published content is on-brand, consistent, accurate, and adheres to our visual and editorial style guidelines. Establish and maintain high standards for storytelling and craftsmanship.
- Partner closely with paid media team to align planning, execution, and analytics for content marketing.
- You have 8+ years of relevant work experience in content leadership roles including experience building teams and working in fast-paced high-growth environments.
- You’re creative and curious. You’re constantly thinking of new ideas, stories to tell, and ways to drive growth.
- You have extensive knowledge of SEO best practices, search engine algorithms, ranking strategies, analytics and research tools. You’ve developed a proven track record of successfully developing and implementing SEO programs and significantly improving organic search performance.
- You have deep expertise with Wordpress, Google Analytics, and Google Webmaster tools.
- You have a passion for the evolving social media and content marketing landscape; You have deep expertise in the latest social media strategies and best practices across publishing, community management, paid advertising, and analytics.
- You continually learn and improve through rigorous experimentation and measurement. You love to dig into the data to understand trends, generate hypotheses, and scale successful findings.
- You have strong verbal and writing/grammatical skills. You have the innate ability to craft stories and present information and ideas logically, clearly, and with impact.
Compensation & Benefits
- Opportunity to revolutionize the real-estate industry with a mission to help those in need
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals in a highly collaborative culture
- Competitive cash salary and compelling equity package based on experience, with medical and dental benefits
We here at Sundae strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Sundae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.