Sundae’s mission is to help homeowners get the best outcome when it’s time to sell a house that needs some love. For too long, the process for selling outdated and damaged houses has been terrible for sellers. Local property investors capitalize on homeowner distress to purchase houses cheap and resell them for huge profits.
Sundae is putting more of those profits back in the hands of the homeowner. We’ve developed a model to predict when sellers will need our help, and a best-in-class sales and marketing team to reach them and a trusted brand that allows us to grow even faster through word of mouth and referrals. With scale and efficiency we’re able to redistribute economic value to sellers in the form of the most competitive price so that Sundae can become the largest buyer of homes that need love in the United States.
We are a Founders Fund-backed company with product-market fit, scaling revenue, and a massive addressable market opportunity. Our team is comprised of seasoned leaders from real estate and marketplace businesses and with significant high-growth company experience (Airbnb, Dropbox, Chime, LendingHome).
Joining Sundae means being part of the team that’s bringing compassion and transparency to the business of helping homeowners sell in their time of need. If you’re driven by making a positive impact in people’s lives and want to support our mission, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
We are looking for a seasoned growth leader to build and lead the Lifecycle Growth Marketing team with responsibility for owning and optimizing the entire lead to contract marketing funnel. You’ll leverage skills in developing a robust experimentation pipeline to drive more value and better conversion throughout the funnel. In this role, you’ll own landing pages, email marketing, and nurture campaigns and our referral program to maximize the value of our marketing efforts. In addition to working collaboratively with members of the Marketing org, you’ll partner closely with Engineering, Analytics, Customer Solutions, and our executive team. Success in this role means significantly improving conversion rates and our return on ad spend through campaigns and funnel optimization. This role reports to the VP of Growth and Marketing and is based at our headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
- Build and lead the lifecycle growth marketing team to own and optimize the entire lead-to-contract funnel including landing pages, lead conversion flow, and lifecycle marketing.
- Analyze all aspects of our conversion funnel and develop the lifecycle marketing growth roadmap to help Sundae achieve our performance goals.
- Create and manage email marketing throughout all stages of the marketing funnel.
- Work with content and paid media teams to plan and build nurture campaigns for non-converted leads and win-back campaigns for lost opportunities.
- Identify gaps in user experience where we can improve the lead acquisition and conversion journey via user testing and interviews.
- Design and launch the Sundae referral program to deliver a significant new channel for leads.
- Create robust documentation, insights, to ensure cross-company learnings as we scale the Marketing & Growth function.
- Work cross-functionally across marketing, sales and operations to identify growth opportunities to increase yield on acquired leads.
- Prioritize experiments and campaigns based on analysis of potential risks and impact, and drive those projects forward.
- You have 8+ years experience in growth marketing role(s) working closely with engineering and design teams.
- You’re able to recruit, develop, and lead a high-performing team that delivers results and demonstrates continuous improvement.
- You have a proven track record driving growth through funnel optimization and landing page optimization, including A/B and MVT testing.
- You’ve built a strong track record of designing and running nurture email campaigns and experiments that improve lead conversion, and you’re experienced with email marketing tools.
- You have excellent conversion copywriting skills with experience writing for email and on the web.
- You have basic technical skills for modifying web pages and HTML emails, and with analytics tools. Proficiency with SQL is a big plus.
- You focus on impact over activity, you’re analytical and evidence-oriented, but unafraid to take calculated risks backed up with data.
- You can't stop thinking about how to optimize existing flows and coming up with new growth ideas to test. You don't only think of ideas and test them, but rather set up processes to increase the iteration speed.
- You’re able to respond to feedback, learnings, and challenges to iterate quickly.
- You are motivated first by helping customers and second by driving key growth metrics.
- You are self-driven and appreciate taking on ownership of broad problem sets and take initiative to move them forward.
- You have strong communication skills with the ability to work successfully with a highly diverse team.
- You’ve proven your ability to meet deadlines and comfortable with fast-paced development cycles.
Compensation & Benefits
- Opportunity to revolutionize the real-estate industry with a mission to help those in need
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals in a highly collaborative culture
- Competitive cash salary and compelling equity package based on experience, with medical and dental benefits
We here at Sundae strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Sundae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.