Sundae’s mission is to help homeowners get the best outcome when it’s time to sell a house that needs some love. For too long, the process for selling outdated and damaged houses has been terrible for sellers. Local property investors capitalize on homeowner distress to purchase houses cheap and resell them for huge profits.
Sundae is putting more of those profits back in the hands of the homeowner. We’ve developed a model to predict when sellers will need our help, and a best-in-class sales and marketing team to reach them and a trusted brand that allows us to grow even faster through word of mouth and referrals. With scale and efficiency we’re able to redistribute economic value to sellers in the form of the most competitive price so that Sundae can become the largest buyer of homes that need love in the United States.
We are a Founders Fund backed company with product-market fit, scaling revenue, and a massive addressable market opportunity. Our team is comprised of seasoned leaders from real estate and marketplace businesses and with significant high-growth company experience (Airbnb, Dropbox, Chime, LendingHome).
Joining Sundae means being part of the team that’s bringing compassion and transparency to the business of helping homeowners sell in their time of need. If you’re driven by making a positive impact in people’s lives and want to support our mission, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
As a Growth Engineer at Sundae, you’ll build tools and infrastructure to support rapid experimentation and drive top-of-funnel quality and conversion. You’ll work with a passionate cross-functional team to define and deliver new features and experiments, using a combination of rigorous testing and qualitative insight to validate hypotheses and make decisions. The work you do will be across the stack: from highly-optimized landing pages to robust backend integrations and data pipelines. An ideal candidate for this role is self-directed, metrics-driven, and excited to empower marketing and growth efforts across the team.
- Develop an intimate understanding of our customers and the problems they face when selling a home that needs from love.
- Work closely with data and marketing teams to understand their needs, support their efforts, and implement growth initiatives.
- Establish tools and frameworks to run usability, growth experiments, and A/B tests.
- Build across the entire stack to support marketing efforts and drive growth.
- Implement landing page experiments, onboarding flows, and backend integrations.
- Continuously evaluate new ways to increase engineering velocity and impact.
- Build and maintain data pipelines to support operations, marketing, and analytics.
- 4+ years fullstack engineering experience.
- Knowledge of modern full stack web technologies (e.g. React, Webpack, Typescript, NodeJS, SQL)
- Rigor in A/B testing, test coverage, and other web best practices
- Familiarity with analytics, experimentation, and marketing automation tools.
- Experience delivering robust backend applications, APIs, and data pipelines - particularly on AWS.
- Self-motivated, highly-driven, independent, and results-oriented. Ability to work within a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for continuous learning and improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- A systems-thinking mindset.
Compensation & Benefits
- Opportunity to revolutionize the real-estate industry with a mission to help those in need
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals in a highly collaborative culture
- Competitive cash salary and compelling equity package based on experience, with medical and dental benefits
We here at Sundae strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Sundae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.