Sundae’s mission is to help homeowners get the best outcome when it’s time to sell a house that needs some love. For too long, the process for selling outdated and damaged houses has been terrible for sellers: local property investors capitalize on homeowner distress to purchase houses cheap and resell them for huge profits.
Sundae is putting those profits back in the hands of the homeowner. We’ve developed a trusted brand, a model to predict when sellers will need our help, and a best-in-class sales and marketing team to reach them. Our scale and efficiency allow us to redistribute economics to sellers in the form of the most competitive price so that Sundae can become the largest wholesaler of houses in the United States.
We are a Founders Fund-backed company with product-market fit, scaling revenue, and a very significant target market (think 5-6% of US property transactions). Our team is comprised of seasoned leaders from real estate and marketplace businesses and with significant high-growth company experience (Airbnb, Dropbox, Chime, LendingHome).
About the Role
Sundae is looking for an analytics manager to help drive critical business decisions. Do you obsessively refresh KPI dashboards to see how the company is doing? Do you want to work with people who get as excited as you do when a new company milestone is hit? Come join Sundae, an early stage company with an all-star team, amazing investors, and a multi-billion dollar opportunity!
Some of the projects you’ll have the opportunity to work on include analyzing efficacy of marketing spend, aiding in our expansion strategy, and determining ways to optimize revenue. Our ideal candidate has significant analytics experience and has managed an analytics team before. They love using data to uncover new ways to help the business and is eager to take on a lot of responsibility. This role is perfect for somebody who wants to grow and lead a team of data analysts and help use analytics to better understand the business and drive it forward.
- Lead and mentor a team of analysts
- Own KPI reporting and help define which KPIs we should track
- Generate new hypotheses and identify new levers to help move KPIs
- Identify the projects with the highest leverage and handle them from initial strategy to execution
- Build dashboards and automate recurring analyses
- Work with heads of other departments to help improve their processes and use analytics to help them make decisions
- Lead experimental design and insights across marketing and other departments
- Use several massive property, consumer insight, and other proprietary datasets to create propensity to sell models and surface market insights
- 5+ years of experience working in analytics. 2+ years in a managerial position. Bonus points for consulting experience or high business acumen
- Ability and desire to deeply understand the different parts of the businesses
- Expert in SQL, comfortable handling large amounts of data
- Experience building statistical models in Python, R, or another statistical programming language
- Very strong attention to detail; critical eye to make sure we’re choosing the correct metrics to be focusing on and that we are reporting on them correctly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to clearly articulate your hypotheses and findings to influence the organization
- Domain expertise in real estate or marketing (preferred)
What We Offer
- One of the most energetic teams that truly cares about the company and the people in the company
- Freedom to help craft your role to your career goals and interests
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits
- Free snacks and drinks
- Monthly happy hours and company events
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in real estate and marketplace innovation with a mission to help homeowners in their time of need