Sundae’s mission is to help homeowners get the best outcome when it’s time to sell a house that needs some love. For too long, the process for selling outdated and damaged houses has been terrible for sellers: local property investors capitalize on homeowner distress to purchase houses cheap and resell them for huge profits.
Sundae is putting those profits back in the hands of the homeowner. We’ve developed a trusted brand, a model to predict when sellers will need our help, and a best-in-class sales and marketing team to reach them. Our scale and efficiency allow us to redistribute economics to sellers in the form of the most competitive price so that Sundae can become the largest wholesaler of houses in the United States.
We are a Founders Fund-backed company with product-market fit, scaling revenue, and a very significant target market (think 5-6% of US property transactions). Our team is comprised of seasoned leaders from real estate and marketplace businesses and with significant high-growth company experience (Airbnb, Dropbox, Chime, LendingHome).
About the Role
We are looking for a Design Lead to visually bring the Sundae brand to life. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Design Lead will help us establish and steward a distinct style for expressing our brand purpose and narrative. We’re looking for someone with a discerning eye for exceptional design who brings a visionary approach to concepting new expressions of the brand across product, marketing and internal touch points.
As the Design Lead, you’ll lead Sundae’s design efforts and help us grow and scale the team as our business expands. You’ll be responsible for steering our brand design strategy and scaling our design output for product and marketing touch points including the website, digital ads, video, social, email, direct mail, outdoor and more. This is a ground floor opportunity to own and lead the design function in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Oversee the visual and creative direction of the Sundae brand.
- Develop and refine the brand style guide to drive brand consistency across all touch-points including digital and physical spaces.
- Onboard creative tools and/or agencies to help scale creative needs across the organization.
- Lead the creative briefing, concepting and execution of creative deliverables for a wide range of brand touch-points including the website, digital ads, social content, videos, direct mail, outdoor ads, and more.
- Develop an iterative and data-driven approach to testing creative to drive continuous learning and improvement of creative across marketing channels.
- Develop, inspire, enable and energize a world-class design team as the organization grows.
- You have 6-8 years experience as a design leader in an agency or in-house creative/design management, with excellent marketing-heavy portfolio
- You have deep visual design expertise across brand, marketing and web / product design.
- You have a strong creative and conceptual vision that allows you to continually identify new ideas and expressions of the brand narrative that break down complex concepts into simple, compelling communications.
- You marry art direction and copywriting skills to create powerful brand content and experiences.
- You have experience using tools, contractors and agencies to scale creative design, copy, and video for testing and multi-market launches.
- You are a master at solving creative problems with a mindset that aligns creative and business needs.
- You have a bias towards action, execution and efficiency balanced with maintaining high quality output.
- You have experience developing and managing consumer marketing programs in a data-driven, product / marketing environment for both brand and direct response marketing.
- You have experience across the full range of creative formats: traditional, digital, experiential, and ideas that drive word of mouth and earned media
- You’re skilled in Adobe Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, Sketch, Invision
- You have experience in video production, videography and video editing including motion graphics.
Compensation & Benefits
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals in a highly collaborative culture
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits
- Free snacks and drinks
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly happy hours and company events
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in real estate and marketplace innovation with a mission to help homeowners in their time of need.
We here at Sundae strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Sundae is an Equal Opportunity Employer