Join the Sundae rocket ship as one of the first marketing hires at this mission and marketing-driven company. As an early stage hire, you’ll get to own a broad set of functional areas including the Sundae website, content marketing, social media, and lifecycle marketing.
Sundae is helping owners of distressed houses sell in their time of need. The process for selling these outdated and damaged houses today is terrible: local property investors capitalize on homeowner distress to purchase houses cheap and re-sale them for huge profits. Sundae is putting those profits back in the hands of the homeowner. We employ a compelling brand, a model to predict when sellers will need our help, best-in-class sales and marketing to reach them. Our scale and efficiency mean we can redistribute economics to sellers in the form of the most competitive price. Sundae will be the largest wholesaler of houses in the United States.
We are a Founders Fund-backed company. We have product-market fit, first revenue and a very significant target market (think 5-6% of US property transactions). Our team in real estate and has significant growth company experience (Airbnb, Dropbox, Chime, Pillow, Lendinghome).
We are looking for a Marketing Manager to own our website, social media, and lifecycle marketing channels. You will execute a creative and data-driven marketing plan built on our strategic brand foundation. Your day-to-day will focus on campaign strategy and content development for the blog, email campaigns, social media, and SEO programs. Success will be measured by achieving performance goals for engagement, traffic, lead generation and conversion.
The ideal candidate is both creative and analytical. You are a natural problem solver with a bias for action and an orientation around performance metrics and uncovering new opportunities to maximize performance metrics. This role requires expertise in website content management, email marketing strategy and execution, social media management, and content marketing. You'll collaborate with internal and external partners and content creators, but you'll also roll up your sleeves create content, publish social media, and execute campaigns yourself.
- Own the content strategy and optimization roadmap for the Sundae website.
- Develop SEO plan based on research to align with SEM strategy and manage content development.
- Use audience insights, keyword research, messaging themes, content performance insights to plan and execute campaigns that drive results.
- Develop and maintain the ongoing website and content performance dashboards. Manage the implementation of analytics tracking requirements, to measure overall performance.
- Manage Sundae’s social channels in terms of community management and content marketing. Partner closely with paid media team to align planning, execution, and analytics across community management, content publishing, and paid media.
- Ensure all published content is on-brand; accurate and consistent in terms of visual style and tone.
- Share best practices and learnings from ongoing tests to improve conversion in other channels: paid lead gen, sales collateral, sales scripts, etc.
- Manage Sundae’s lifecycle marketing function. Establish lifecycle strategy to nurture leads throughout the sales funnel. Develop content and campaigns. Develop reporting and analytics with a regular cadence of learnings and insights to improve performance. Apply a test and learn approach to drive improvements in the conversion of leads.
- You care about helping people who are currently getting a rough deal to have a better outcome
- You are customer obsessed with a track record of learning more about customers without being prompted
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience in a fast-paced tech environment.
- Deep expertise with Wordpress, Google Analytics, and Google Webmaster tools,
- Proficiency with social media platforms and how to balance community management, publishing, and coordination with paid media team.
- Experienced with lifecycle marketing strategy and execution. You’ve managed lifecycle email marketing campaigns for a consumer business and are comfortable learning new systems (experience with Pardot a plus).
- You love to dig into the data to understand trends, generate hypotheses, and scale successful findings. You like to run experiments to improve results.
- You're creative and collaborate well with designers and get excited about trying new ideas.
- Your organized and accountable. You have very high attention to detail and are quick to follow up and follow through.
- Strong verbal and writing/grammatical skills. You can present information and ideas logically and clearly.
- You are eager to make an impact at Sundae. You are flexible and effective at dealing with changes in direction or priority.
- You're proactive and take the initiative to tackle problems and look for opportunities to improve projects and processes.
- As someone who is known for being curious, you’re a constant learner, and not afraid to take on something new. You do the homework and figure out it gets done and ask for help with you need it.