Sundae helps owners of distressed homes sell in their time of need.
Distress is a natural part of life. We encounter death, job loss, and financial hardship. Our properties also face distress as they become outdated, suffer from structural issues or natural disasters. When distress hits our lives or property, the standard process for selling a home doesn’t work: timelines are too tight, demand is low for outdated or damaged houses, and banks don't offer viable renovation loan programs. Small property investors known as fix and flippers have stepped in to fill the gap. They purchase, renovate and resell the home for a profit. Because there is no easy way for these two parties to connect, both sides lose: fix and flippers spend too much money on rudimentary marketing and sales and are forced to pass that inefficiency onto the seller via a lower price.
Sundae is changing this broken system. We will employ a compelling brand, a model to predict when sellers will need our help, and best-in-class marketing and sales to reach them. Our scale will ultimately let us redistribute economics and offer sellers the most competitive price in their time of need.
Sundae is building its team of Market Experts to engage with prospective home sellers locally. This is an opportunity to work with a fast-paced team that values candor, authenticity, and creativity, while experiencing significant personally and professionally growth.
As a Market Expert, you are a homeowner’s only in-person point of contact to evaluate their needs and assess whether or not Sundae is a good fit for their situation. Sundae is seeking a candidate that has the ability to empathize with homeowners who may be in a time of need and help to guide them through the home selling process. At this early stage in Sundae’s lifecycle you’ll make a huge impact: from building playbooks to developing new sales tools to partnering with marketing to find the channels and messaging that resonates. You’ll work with members of every team to solve the problems facing the homeowners we’re serving. Strong producers and leaders in this role have tremendous opportunity for growth into management or other teams within the organization as we scale.
- Attend appointments with potential customers at their homes
- Evaluate neighborhoods, properties, and uncover potential new leads in the field
- Generate referrals from happy customers you helped
- Build and iterate Sundae’s first Market Expert Playbook
- Work directly with management to package learnings from customer interaction into actionable feature expansion and new product development
- Train and mentor new Market Experts as we expand nationally
Skills and Personal Qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong people skills; Ability to speak at length and build rapport quickly
- Empathic, active listening
- Meticulous sales pipeline management
- Ability to communicate complex topics in simple, succinct terms
- Effective time management and task prioritization
- Comfortable in unstructured environments
- Impeccable organization and attention to detail
- Politely persistent
- Curious, yet authoritative
- Personal interest in real estate investment (preferred)
Prior Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred but not required)
- Technologically literate
- Outside sales roles
- Sandler or similar sales training (preferred but not required)
- Professional experience in real estate (preferred but not required)
- Any of the trades or construction/project management (preferred but not required)
- Experience using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool, ideally Salesforce.com (preferred but not required)