Sundae helps owners of distressed homes sell in their time of need.
Distress is a natural part of life. We encounter death, job loss, and financial hardship. Our properties also face distress as they become outdated, suffer from structural issues or natural disasters. When distress hits our lives or property, the standard process for selling a home doesn’t work: timelines are too tight, demand is low for outdated or damaged houses, and banks don't offer viable renovation loan programs. Small property investors known as fix and flippers have stepped in to fill the gap. They purchase, renovate and resell the home for a profit. Because there is no easy way for these two parties to connect, both sides lose: fix and flippers spend too much money on rudimentary marketing and sales and are forced to pass that inefficiency onto the seller via a lower price.
Sundae is changing this broken system. We will employ a compelling brand, a model to predict when sellers will need our help, and best-in-class marketing and sales to reach them. Our scale will ultimately let us redistribute economics and offer sellers the most competitive price in their time of need. Learn more at www.sundae.com.
As a Construction Specialist, you will be required to work with Valuation Analysts and translate assumptions about market supported repairs into rehab budgets. You are the in-house expert on construction, able to use pricing software such as RS Means as well as conduct county-specific research pertaining to permit and zoning data. Looking at typical market comparables, you will need to know what kind of remodel the market supports, how long it’s going to take and be able to put together a solid rehab budget. You are committed to teamwork and are able to successfully interface and build strong cross-functional relationships.
- Prepare preliminary budget estimates
- Reconcile preliminary budget estimates against 3rd party inspections
- Build accurate rehab budgets to be included in the investment package marketed to the real estate investors
- Analyze budgets submitted by real estate investors and address discrepancies with diplomacy and thoroughness
- Train and mentor new Construction Specialists as Sundae expands nationally
Skills and Personal Qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proficiency in all trade scope review and ability to identify high-risk issues
- Effective time management and task prioritization
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be able to thrive in fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Embody grit, fortitude and a strong sense of integrity
Prior Experience and Education
- 2-5 of professional experience in the construction industry
- Self-motivated with strong time management skills
- Experience in residential construction
- The desire to thrive in a dynamic startup environment
- AA or BA degree