Sundae helps owners of distressed homes sell in their time of need.
Distress is a natural part of life. We encounter death, job loss, and financial hardship. Our properties also face distress as they become outdated, suffer from structural issues or natural disasters. When distress hits our lives or property, the standard process for selling a home doesn’t work: timelines are too tight, demand is low for outdated or damaged houses, and banks don't offer viable renovation loan programs. Small property investors known as fix and flippers have stepped in to fill the gap. They purchase, renovate and resell the home for a profit. Because there is no easy way for these two parties to connect, both sides lose: fix and flippers spend too much money on rudimentary marketing and sales and are forced to pass that inefficiency onto the seller via a lower price.
Sundae is changing this broken system. We will employ a compelling brand, a model to predict when sellers will need our help, and best-in-class marketing and sales to reach them. Our scale will ultimately let us redistribute economics and offer sellers the most competitive price in their time of need.
As a Valuation Analyst, you are customer focused and dedicated to meeting the expectations, needs and requirements of internal and external customers, successfully gaining their trust and respect. You are the in-house expert on property values, able to use extensive online tools to evaluate neighborhoods, “as is” and “after repaired” value of distressed assets. You are committed to teamwork and are able to successfully interface and build strong cross-functional relationships with all levels of internal and external partners and team members, creating best possible desired outcomes for all parties.
- Review and analyze market trends, property records and other relevant data
- Evaluate neighborhoods, analyze distressed properties and pull After Repair Value comparables for budget assessments prior to appointments with prospective sellers
- Develop meaningful, supported, and accurate value opinions on property types including (Single Family Residences, Condominiums, Multi-family 1-4 units) using online data tools
- Provide valuation analysis on the fair market and as repaired value to include in the investment packages marketed to the real estate investors
- Partner with Construction Specialists to make sure the rehab budget is consistent with repairs supported by the local market
- Train and mentor new Valuation Analysts as Sundae expands nationally
Skills and Personal Qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to aggregate and interpret pieces of information, synthesize the data, draw conclusions, and write a clear, succinct interpretation and summary of the information
- Ability to communicate complex topics in simple, easy to understand terms
- Effective time management and task prioritization
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be able to thrive in fast-paced, constantly changing environment
Prior Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree
- Licensed or certified appraiser (or equivalent experience of 10+ years valuing different property types across multiple geographies in various condition)
- Experience: 5 - 7 years of experience valuing residential real estate in a multi-state environment
- Technologically literate, familiarity with online analytical tools preferred
- Review Experience a plus