At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them succeed. Our vision as a global fintech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in 30+ countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants.
Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow.
About The Role
The Payment & Acquirers Lead ensures that our merchants receive the value of their transactions within the promised schedule and develops our product working closely with the acquirer (Transbank) delivering high impact projects management.
What You’ll Do
- Develop & Optimize Processes - execute payments to merchants, creating and measuring process improvements that automate manual steps to allow the business to efficiently operate and scale up.
- Product Improvement - work with fraud, compliance and finance leaders to influence product roadmap to develop new product features, enhance payment processes, reduce fraud, and optimize our costs.
- Analytics - measure and improve payment service levels and work closely with fraud team to determine existing fraud trends by analysing merchants accounts and transaction patterns; and share learnings to/from regional teams on a weekly basis.
What You’ll Need
- Be a problem-solver and super pragmatic. Dealing with so much data can lead you to nowhere if you do not have a highly structured approach.
- You are a fast-learner and self-starter. You’ll be working at a startup: be prepared to run things outside of your scope and do not expect us to have all the answers you need.
- Collaborative spirit and be a subject matter! Understanding in-depth our numbers, main struggles and how to drastically make a difference are key for you.
- Embrace and enjoy the hands-on attitude! Jumping on the execution managing the details to guarantee quality and deadlines always energize you.
- Programming knowledge/SQL is a plus, but not required.
- Communicate effectively and bring completely different audiences together, influencing their decisions, is something you’re comfortable with.
- Fluent in English is mandatory - you're going to work with a global team!
- 3+ years of relevant experience - a track record of dealing with hypergrowth environments is a plus.
About The Team
You´ll be working closely with the General Manager to support processes that scale and innovate SumUp from the ground up. We are building our team and you'll be one of the first batch, straight out of the oven!
Work zone: Santiago, Chile.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.