At SumUp we empower small merchants and that’s why we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. As part of our vision to become a truly global tech company, we are building out local, autonomous, cross-functional teams that can take an aspect of our product and perfect it from concept to execution.
In Sofia's Payments Tribe, our goal is to build a global financial ecosystem while turning transactions into interactions. Payments processing is the core of the SumUp service and ecosystem, and that’s why we are passionate about our product and the vision of bringing new payment solutions to small businesses. As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will be part of a team with a clear mission and goal to make our customers more successful doing what they love.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- You will work with a modern tech stack built on React, Emotion (CSS-in-JS), Jest, and React testing library
- You will be a part of a colocated cross-functional team and collaborate with professionals from Engineering, Product and Design to bring exciting new features to our merchant-facing web applications
- You will follow UI design best practices to contribute to our component library Circuit UI, not only to help your fellow devs in the company build consistent features, but also to give your input to the open-source community
- You will be encouraged to share your knowledge with your peers and will also receive feedback and mentorship
- You will have ownership of different projects and immediately see the impact of your work
YOU'LL BE A GREAT FIT FOR OUR TEAM IF
- You are an expert in building SPA applications, preferably with React
- You are experienced in using a component-oriented approach and thinking in a reusable way
- You have a hands-on experience with implementing highly-responsive UI designs
- You have a good understanding of UI and unit testing concepts
- You are able to communicate fluently in English about various technical topics
IT WOULD BE AWESOME IF
- You have a full-stack mindset and are open to learning other technologies which are not constrained to web development
- You are familiar with Docker and/or Kubernetes (or willing to learn)
- You are comfortable sharing knowledge and mentoring others
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN SUMUP
- As a part of the engineering team you have a dedicated annual learning budget. We encourage you to participate in various conferences and tech talks both as an attendee and a speaker.
- In order to empower you to drive your growth as a professional further we have a dedicated hack-time every week for working on side projects or contributing to open-source initiatives.
- We believe in the power of being in the same room. That’s why we have annual offsites where the dev teams from Sofia, Berlin, Cologne, São Paulo and other offices around the world gather to share their tech experiences and work on something fun together.
- Team spirit is of a big importance to us hence we have various gatherings like company-sponsored bi-weekly Lunch and Learn events, pair programming sessions and other fun team activities.
- We have wellness activities like office massages, yoga classes and a subsidized sports card.
- Other benefits include 23 days paid vacation + 1 extra day for each year you work in SumUp and additional health insurance.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their business. With a founders mentality and a 'team-first attitude' our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful in doing what they love.
We're looking forward to meeting our next teammate :)