At SumUp, we envision a world where small business owners can be successful doing what they love. We empower micro entrepreneurs all over the world, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 30 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to each other and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative and safe to fail environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow.
What you’ll be doing in this job
As part of SumUp, you will work with an autonomous team that is developing a global state-of-the-art offline acquisition machine that will enable hundreds of thousands of micro-entrepreneurs to accept card payments. In the European Market we are leveraging hundreds of retailers and in South America we are scaling up a network of thousands of consultants who dedicate their lives to take SumUp to the furthest corners of Brazil.
As a Senior Product Manager you will work in a safe to fail environment where we will give you full autonomy to discover, experiment and develop full solutions aligned with that purpose. We expect you to work collaboratively with a diverse team, closely interact with our customers and internal stakeholders, challenge the current scenario and build constructively over that.
- Fluency (verbal and written communication) in English and Portuguese - you'll be working in a truly global company!
- 4+ years of experience as Product Manager/Product Owner in which you have shipped complex products successfully before – from ideation to launch.
- Defined product vision and strategy for your domain and communicate the rationale behind the product decisions to the engineering team and stakeholders
- Experienced in working with cross-functional teams of Frontend and Backend developers, scrum masters, and QA specialists
- You have been driving the sprint prioritisation, writing user stories and maintaining the backlog
- Gathered and analysed user feedback (qualitatively and quantitatively), competitors and market trends
- Managed and collaborated with stakeholders with diverse mindsets for strategy building and prioritisation
- Demonstrated experience in agile development methodologies and customer-oriented principles
- Approach of problems in a methodical, data-informed way
- Willingness and availability to travel
- Competitive compensation
- Great Health Insurance
- Food Voucher
- Budget for attending conferences and advancing your career. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks!
- Annual off-site hackathons, where the tech teams from Berlin, Sofia, and São Paulo gather together.
- Empowerment to do great things and the opportunity to leave your mark in a high-growth organisation
- An amazing team and work environment, with people that work with purpose solving real problems that impacts our society