We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realize their dreams. Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their business. With a founders mentality and a 'team-first attitude' our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
Our team of 20 designers is split into two general departments covering Product and Brand design. The Brand Design team—split between Berlin and Saõ Paulo—focuses on both off and online materials for internal and external use (ranging from "Merchant Stories" videos and producing consistent branding assets for our marketing site to wrapping entire trains with our branding).
We pride ourselves on our close collaboration, transparency, fun-loving nature & most importantly; placing our merchant-base of over 1 million global business owners (36+ languages) at the heart of each and every decision we make.
What you're going to do
As a Graphic Design Intern, you will work closely with our Brand Design team and their stakeholders and support them with the following tasks:
- Localise visual content
- Adapt visuals to different formats
- Assist in-house photo-shooting
- Photography retouching
- Creative research and brainstorming sessions
You’ll be great for this position if
- You are studying graphic design, communication design or a comparable study program or have recently graduated
- You have strong working knowledge of Adobe (inDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- You count with previous experience with After Effects, Premiere Pro, Figma/Sketch is a plus
- You have excellent organizational, time and priority management skills
- You have passion for your work and a general interest in learning more about Graphic Design in a fast paced environment
- You are fluency in English, any additional language is a plus
- You must be eligible to work in Germany for the duration of the internship
Why you should join SumUp
- Be part of a welcoming and international community of over 1500 people from over 50 nationalities. We get together regularly for breakfast, brunches, cocktail nights and office parties
- The possibility to grow and advance your skillset
- Team to inspire you and to learn from
- Regular knowledge sharing session for the whole design team
- Football, Bouldering & Running teams
- Free German classes & Yoga classes
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, unlimited drinks & fruits
- Duration of the internship: minimum of 3 months
We'll be happy to receive your application including your resume and portfolio that demonstrates your experience.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.