We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion, those who have the strength and determination to realize their dreams.
We believe that anyone should be able to start their own business. We provide small businesses with powerful, easy-to-use card readers and awesome customer support, so merchants can run their business and engage with their customers. We do so with genuine care for our merchants and love for our products. By taking the hassle out of getting paid, we enable small business owners to focus on what they love to do.
We are 1,400+ SumUpers in 12 offices around the globe - 700+ in Brazil only - and we are here to empower small merchants and help them thrive.
At SumUp Bank we take this to the next level. You'll leverage SumUp's global resources to create the Fair Bank for the Everyday Hero in Brazil. You'll spearhead the product development for a digital bank that is uniquely positioned to be among the biggest digital banks in Brazil, focused on providing simple, fair and accessible financial services to the micro-entrepreneurs, unbanked, underbanked or those that simply are not perfectly served by current market offerings.
What you’ll be doing in this job
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be working alongside other developers to design tools that assist in the development of applications, but also allow development teams to deploy and run their applications in production. Our main tools are: Amazon Web Services, Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus and GitHub.
We're looking for someone that is enthusiastic about new technologies, who's excited about collaborating with other engineers, who enjoys taking ownership of their work, who wants to help us think about and design new infrastructure solutions, who wants to introduce new technology ideas, and who is eager to learn and self-improve.
- Ensure availability of Production and Development systems;
- Manage CI/CD systems and help developers with continuous testing process;
- Research, analyse, implement and maintain new technology solutions for infrastructure;
- Closely work with the development teams to improve rollout and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our fast paced and exponential growth;
- Follow the IaC paradigm and therefore automate, automate and automate…
What you'll bring along:
- 4+ years experience with web services administration on Linux
- Hands-on scripting with shell and some knowledge of Python/Ruby/Golang
- English is mandatory as you'll be part of a truly global organization
- Proficiency with AWS
- Good knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring highly available systems
- Experience with automation tools (Ansible, Terraform, Packer, or similar)
- Some experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins or GitLab CI
It's a plus if you have experience with:
- Monitoring and logging systems like Graylog / Elasticsearch / Prometheus
- Networking & Security standards
- PostgreSQL and Redis
- Apache Kafka
- Health Insurance
- Food and Transportation voucher
- Gympass Discounts
- Free italian coffee and free fruits
- Competitive compensation
- Empowerment to do great things and the opportunity to leave your mark in a high-growth organization
- An amazing team and work environment, that works with passion and purpose to achieve incredible results
If you want to know what it's like to work at SumUp, check out our careers page at https://sumup.com/careers.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to empower small businesses all around the world, and we are well on our way businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow. To get there we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!