If you have previous experience in banking, finance or are simply interested in a career in the ever-evolving world of payments this might be your team. In this role you will help ensure that all the merchants using the Sum Up platform receive their payouts on time.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Daily validation of payment files for submission to third parties
- Manage daily settlement and reconciliation of payment and payout files between Sumup, third party processors and bank accounts. Ensure all mismatches are handled in a timely manner and all merchants and customer accounts are accurately handled
- Design and deliver accurate reports on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, ensuring the relevant checks and controls are in place on all payment files and payout files to highlight any discrepancies
- Support the operations team in the handling of merchant queries linked to payments and payouts. This includes coordination on a day-to-day basis with third party processors and banking partners on payment, collections and payout related activities
- Identify ongoing enhancements in the settlements and reconciliation process.
- Monthly accounting and reconciliation of payout bank statements in the accounting software of Sumup.
- Review and reconciliation of open items in all acquirers and merchant accounts in the accounting software Sumup
- Reconciliation and analysis of automatically-posted settlements in the accounting software of Sumup
YOU'LL BE A GREAT FIT FOR THIS POSITION IF
- You have a master's degree in Economics
- You have minimum 2 years’ experience in a payments role, ideally within the financial services industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You're a strong team player and are able to interact with colleagues at all levels
- Strong time management and organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise your own tasks and able to work under strict deadlines
- Flexible and open to change, meaning you can react well to and adapt to changing priorities
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and willing to learn, you are conscientious with a “can-do” attitude and a proactive work ethic.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as you constantly gather information and probe for facts. Weigh options and produce practical and workable solutions within the overall defined architecture solution
- Target driven to remain focused on goals even when under pressure and maintain an effective work pace despite challenges
- Start-ups thrill you. You’re able to identify yourself with them and you know (or at least have an idea) of what awaits you when working for one
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN SUMUP
- You'll have the opportunity to make an impact as we work in flat hierarchies.
- You'll have the space to drive your career here and take ownership of projects.
- You’ll have the chance to work on a diverse and international team.
- You'll have competitive compensation and education budget.
- Office relaxation activities such as yoga and massages.
- 23 days paid vacation + 1 accumulative day for each year of employment at SumUp.
- Additional health insurance.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their business. With a founders mentality and a 'team-first attitude' our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful in doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind