At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow.
You will join a group of highly motivated individuals who acquire, activate and retain SumUp’s Key Accounts; based in our Berlin office within the Sales & Partnerships channel. This customer facing role will give you an opportunity to work on a complex product with experienced stakeholders who will guide you along your journey — get ready: a successful outcome will rely on your determination to get the job done. If you’re a hunter mentality and negotiation skills, that’s passionate about people, payments and the intricacies of small business we have a job for you.
What you’ll be doing in this position
- You'll be responsible for driving the Key Account Management business, serving the high value customers of our leading partners using SumUp’s services across Europe covering the German speaking space.
- You’ll engage with SumUp’s high value customers via phone, email and social media to help them grow their business; offer product insights and helpful guidance to both our new and existing customers
- You’ll develop new business by onboarding corporate clients in a swift and timely manner
- You’ll analyse data and internal reports to help optimise the customer experience and deliver regular customer feedback to the team
- You’ll be a key contributor in defining the key accounts organisation as well as driving initiatives
- You are native fluent in English and German (verbally and written). Fluency in additional European languages is considered a plus - you'll be part of a truly global company!
- You are self-driven, proactive, persistent, and have a can-do attitude.
- You have completed a bachelor's degree
- You must have amazing people skills. As a Key Account Manager, you are responsible for the ‘WOW’ experience with customers and must have the confidence to communicate effectively.
- You must be willing to be located in Berlin full time.
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Convenient location in the heart of Alexanderplatz.
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for breakfasts, brunches, soccer, Cocktail Parties, German and yoga lessons.
- Our team comes from over 40 different countries building a fun, international environment.
- Discounted gym membership & free drinks, fruits, cereals and nuts for everyone
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.