Know more about SumUp
At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants.
Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow.
On top of that, SumUp just raised near BRL 1.5 billion in our latest investment round. We are now centered on creating new and comprehensive financial services from scratch. We are building 4 new squads focused on changing the lives of more than 40 million low income, unbanked Brazilians.
Your impact at SumUp
SumUp just raised near BRL 1.5 billion in our latest investment round. We are now centered on creating new and comprehensive financial services from scratch, focused on changing the lives of more than 40 million low income, unbanked Brazilians. As the Mobile Engineer of the SumUp Bank, you will be part of a cross-functional agile squad, helping us to build out our new banking products.
Mainly focused on our new bank account services, you will be responsible for the end to end experience of our customers using mobile apps. This involves working closely to Product Designers and Engineers to ensure usability, accessibility and beauty of our products.
Your role and responsibilities
In this role, you’ll shape the core experience of customers who are using the Mobile Apps on a daily basis. You'll develop major features that impact our banking product. You'll work closely with product and design departments to build features that are maintainable, usable, and beautiful. You'll help us re-think problems we've solved before in a different way as requirements evolve.
You'll fit in perfectly to our team if:
- You have experience with mobile development, Java, Android framework;
- You're familiar with Kotlin;
- You're familiar with hybrid languages (React Native, Flutter);
- You know what to test, why to test it, and how to write meaningful tests;
- You strive to write clean code, but also know how to make your "shortcuts" easy to delete in a crunch.
- You're not afraid to ask for help when something is beyond your grasp.
- You strive to balance the needs of the business with sustainable technical solutions.
- You know how to make pragmatic programming decisions in a complex codebase.
- You love to mentor others and share your knowledge, and are also open to learning something from people with less experience than you.
- You find it exciting to work in a high-growth environment with both immediate challenges as well as massive potential.
- You care about user interaction, performance, usability, and of course – making the interface beautiful and accessible.
- In general, technology excites you and you strive to learn something on a daily basis!
A dedicated annual budget for attending conferences and advancing your career through further education. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks.
Weekly Lunch and Learn session, where the local engineering team exchanges ideas over company-sponsored lunch.
Dedicated time every week for side-projects and open source initiatives.
Semi-annual offsites, where the engineering teams from Berlin, Cologne, Sofia, and São Paulo gather together.
We have a close, welcoming and international community. We get together regularly for dinners, drinks, football, office events, training, yoga classes and much more.
Get in on all the awesome at SumUp:
- Empowerment to do great things and the opportunity to leave your mark in a high-growth organization;
- An amazing team and work environment, that works with passion and purpose to achieve incredible results;
- Quarterly performance evaluation, where we give you tools to design and create your own career path;
- Nice flexible working hours - you make your own schedule and have the freedom to align with the team if you want to work from home;
- Benefits: transport voucher or parking space, meal voucher, Gympass, healthcare insurance (dental optional), life insurance;
- Convenient location in the heart of Pinheiros (São Paulo), close to the central station and main avenues;
- Amazing office with all the structure to do amazing work and to have fun (games, video games, ping pong table, slide, and foods. Lots of food!);
- Everyone has a voice: weekly meetings with the whole company. Transparency is key for us!
If you want to know what it’s like to work at SumUp, check out our careers page at https://sumup.com/careers.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!