We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realise their dreams.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
As Senior Product Manager, you’ll play an essential role in SumUp's data organisation. We have multiple product development teams in Berlin focusing on delivering a global data infrastructure that supports SumUp’s data-driven mindset and helps millions of businesses to thrive.
You’ll work with big data, the most sophisticated data engineering tools and cloud services to build excellent data infrastructure for SumUp. In collaboration with operations, engineers, product managers, analysts and data scientists you’ll get insights from complex data, develop data flows and build data products. A few of the technologies we are leveraging: Python, Scala, R, AWS, GC, Redshift, Postgres, Airflow, Spark, Kafka, Ansible, Docker.
What you’ll do
- Become part of a cross-functional team to develop products for SumUp's global data infrastructure
- Manage a diverse set of stakeholders across multiple SumUp locations in EU and Brazil, becoming their go-to person and fostering trustful relationships
- Be responsible for outlining entire roadmaps for new products and features, defining requirements, goals, priorities and potential constraints
- Identify challenges and opportunities to leverage our infrastructure in collaboration with teams from various product domains
- Observe trends and new technologies, and incorporate them into the development of your product
You’ll be great for this position if
- You’ve worked in Product for 5+ years and managed data infrastructure products for 3+ years
- You have a very good understanding of data technologies, experiences with AWS and Google cloud
- You’re an excellent communicator with great presentation skills
- You have strong analytical skills and are a role model for data informed decision making, balancing qualitative and quantitative insights to make the right business decisions
- You’re able to oversee and deliver large-scale projects
- You’re willing to occasionally travel to SumUp offices in EU and Brazil
Why you should join SumUp
- You’ll be part of a close, welcoming international community. We get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, football and office parties
- We offer visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to living and working in Berlin
- We have a budget for attending conferences and external training. You’ll attend semi-annual off-sites with the tech teams from Berlin, Sofia and São Paulo
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, free German and yoga classes, subsidised gym membership, sports clubs and other benefits.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.