Know more about SumUp
At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team, and you could be part of it!
Your impact at SumUp
SumUp just raised near BRL 1.5 billion in our latest investment round. We are now centered on creating new and comprehensive financial services from scratch, focused on changing the lives of more than 40 million low income, unbanked brazilians.
As the Lead Data Scientist of SumUp Bank, you will be part of a cross-functional agile squad, helping us to build out our new banking products. Mainly focused on our new lending services, you will be responsible for the end to end process to create a credit algorithm focused on enabling healthy credit offer for our merchants.
This will involve deciding which data sources to use (both traditional and non-traditional), defining and executing an automated flow of collecting, cleaning and utilising the data available and experimenting with different data to create our credit scoring algorithm.
Finally, you will also be deeply involved in exploring and experimenting with different lending cohorts to check the accuracy of the model and iterate on it with new data.
Your role and responsibilities
- Create, improve and be the ultimate owner of our credit score algorithm and all data related processes
- Be a self-starter, motivated by a passion for developing the best possible solutions to problems
- Explore and evaluate new data sources and data tools, as well as help to build an automated data collection and cleaning process
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core/business products
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems, define new ways to capture product usage data and identify trends and opportunities
- Have the ability to self-learn new techniques from textbooks and research papers
- Help us hire and create our credit scoring team
- Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics)
- 5+ years of experience in a role with data analysis and metrics development
- 5+ years of hands-on experience analyzing and interpreting data, drawing conclusions, defining recommended actions, and reporting results across stakeholders
- High proficiency in Python, R and SQL and packages such as NumPy, SciPy, pandas, scikit-learn, dplyr, ggplot2
- Have an ability to implement and mine data sets with Cosmos, Hadoop or Spark like technologies
Why you should join us
- Be part of a company that lives and breathes to empower small merchants around the world
- Be part of a truly global team and work with people from different parts of the world as you deliver your projects
- Have full autonomy (for real!) to propose, lead and implement changes that will up our game
- Work in the coolest office around, in the heart of Pinheiros (São Paulo), close to the central station and main avenues
- Have access to our all perks and benefits: healthcare for employees 100% paid by the company, dental assistance, private pension program, variable compensation, pension plan, transport voucher or parking space at the office building, meal/food voucher, Gympass, life insurance, barbershop and nail polish at the office, massage sessions, monthly parties at the office and more!
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.