At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow.
The Operations Associate role will sit in our Berlin office and report to the Head of Sales & Partnerships to play a key role in contributing to our ambitious goals to build a scalable Sales Organisation across all of SumUp’s operating countries. The Sales Operations team drive the efficiency, reporting and account processing for SumUp partner and merchant acquisition. Having a strong attention to detail, consistent execution and a love of managing and processing data along with the ability to work independently and execute is key to success in the role. You will be expected to operationally run daily sales operations tasks, crosscheck reporting and suggest operational improvements for a rapidly growing Sales organisation.
What you’ll be doing in this position
- You'll be responsible for owning daily operational tasks for Sales, including reviewing & facilitating partner orders;
- You'll grow with the increasing operational needs of an expanding Sales team;
- You'll consume data, reports and supply feedback to help optimise the team’s operational performance, assess processes and take action!
- Alongside the Sales Operations Analyst, you will set Sales Operational targets and be accountable for your performance, which will ultimately define the success of SumUp sales.
- You have minimum 1 year work experience working in Sales, Business Development and/or Operations;
- You must have a thirst for numbers
- You are self-driven, proactive, detail driven, pragmatic and have a can-do attitude.
- You have completed a bachelor's degree (preferably in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance);
- Experience with Operations/SalesForce/SAP is preferred;
- You have excellent presentation and language skills (verbally and written) in English. Fluency in additional European languages is considered a plus English - you'll be part of a truly global company!
- You feel comfortable communicating with and convincing senior stakeholders.
- You must be willing to be located in Berlin full-time with occasional travel.
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Convenient location in the heart of Alexanderplatz.
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for breakfasts, brunches, soccer, German and yoga lessons.
- Our team comes from 40 different countries building a fun, international environment.
- Discounted membership to Urban Sports Club
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.