The Аccounting team is fast-paced yet cross-functional. We’re looking to bring experienced Senior Accountants on board to join our team who will help us ensure accuracy and efficiency of general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Ensure proper and timely recording of financial transactions in the general ledger in accordance with IFRS.
- Prepare journal entries, including appropriate documentation.
- Ensure that general ledger and sub-ledger are reconciled and reconciling items are resolved
- Prepare schedules, supporting documents, and variance analysis for management.
- Prepare account reconciliations for moderate to complex accounts.
- Proactively participate in month-end balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position.
- Communicate issues and resolutions to management and affected areas/departments.
- Coordinate solutions to problems of moderate complexity with other departments and business units.
- Assist with audit requirements and is responsible for information requests.
- Work closely with other members of the finance team, including coaching junior team members.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
YOU'LL BE A GREAT FIT FOR THIS POSITION IF
- You have University degree in Finance or Accounting
- You have minimum 5 years of related experience in financial analysis, preparing financial reports, statements, projections and budgeting.
- You have experience researching solutions for simple to moderately complex accounting issues.
- You have proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- You feel comfortable in working in an international environment.
- You have preferable hands-on experience with SAP.
- You are proficient in English and in MS Office. Strong spreadsheet (Excel) and word processing (Word) skills.
- You have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN SUMUP
- You'll have the opportunity to make an impact as we work in flat hierarchies.
- You'll have the space to drive your career here and take ownership of projects.
- You’ll have the chance to work on a diverse and international team.
- You'll have competitive compensation and education budget.
- Office relaxation activities such as yoga and massages.
- 23 days paid vacation + 1 accumulative day for each year of employment at SumUp.
- Additional health insurance.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their business. With a founders mentality and a 'team-first attitude' our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful in doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.