At SumUp, we believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realize their dreams. Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their business. With a founders mentality and a 'team-first attitude' our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
Joining the OLAP team will be exciting for you if you like to help internal stakeholders make data-driven decisions. You will be taking part in building dimensional data marts, translating business requirements into user stories, communicate data needs to DWH developers and writing SQL queries to automate data quality assurance.
In this position:
- You’ll challenge and improve the overall data design and metrics that support internal stakeholders in making data-driven decisions
- You’ll collect and translating business requirements into user stories with full technical details
- You’ll create reusable Tableau data sources for the whole company to use
- You’ll create Tableau dashboards to track data quality and OLAP team KPIs
- You’ll promote data-driven culture and spread knowledge of Tableau data sources among SumUp employees
- You have an analytical mindset and you are eager to provide values to data users
- You have strong SQL skills and experience in creating data sources in tools like Tableau
- You have 3+ years of work experience in BI or product
- You can structure your work on your own and take ownership in executing tasks and projects
- You’re curious, adaptable and like to think holistically as well as going into detail
- You have ETL experience via tools or python scripts
- You have knowledge in dimensional modeling of data marts
- You have experience in an agile environment using Kanban
- You have experience in the payments industry, B2B or self-service web area
Why work for SumUp?
- We have a close, welcoming and international community of 1400+ people from over 50 nationalities. We get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, football, and office parties
- High level of autonomy and ability to make an impact
- Education budget for attending conferences and advancing your career. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks!
- Semi-annual off-sites, where the tech teams from Berlin, Sofia, and São Paulo gather together. In the past, we've gone to Bulgaria, Greece, and even a castle in the German countryside.
- Relocation assistance for internationals and free German classes
- SumUp Corporate Pension Scheme
- Wellness benefits: yoga classes, football, running & bouldering teams, and Urban Sport Club membership (subsidized)
We are looking forward to receiving your application! If you want to know what it’s like to work at SumUp, check out our careers page at https://sumup.com/careers
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.