At SumUp, we believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realize their dreams. Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their business. With a founders mentality and a 'team-first attitude' our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
As part of SumUp's Hardware team, you’ll be developing our state of the art payment terminals and point of sale systems. You will closely collaborate with our hardware, software product and infrastructure teams, building payment applications - the software running on the SumUp payment terminals. We are accountable for the quality, reliability and security of the transactions, making sure we are compliant with all payment protocols and certifications.
We’re looking for product minded engineer with a deep understanding of C programming and payment industry experience to work on an embedded payments platform that connects the point of sale hardware to the SumUp ecosystem.
What you’ll be doing in this position:
- Develop high quality and secure payment software for SumUp terminal
- Closely work with the embedded engineering team to integrate payment applications
- Collaborate with teammates to acquire payment and security certifications such as EMVCo, E2E, PCI PTS, etc.
You'll be a great fit for this position if you have:
- Experience developing in C programming language
- Prior experience working on EMV solutions, contact and contactless payments
- Knowledge of payment certifications like EMVCo and E2E
- Knowledge of payment security certifications like PCI PTS
Nice to have:
- Experience with embedded systems, developing low-level applications
- Experience working with embedded Linux/Unix platforms
Why you should join SumUp:
- Be part of a close, welcoming international community of more than 1400+ people from over 52 nationalities. We get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, football, office parties
- Visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to living and working in Berlin
- Budget for attending conferences and advancing your career. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks!
- Semi-annual off-sites, where the tech teams from Berlin, Sofia, and São Paulo gather together. In the past, we've gone to Spain, Bulgaria, Greece and a castle in the countryside of Germany
- SumUp Corporate Pension Scheme
- German classes
- Wellness benefits such as yoga classes, subsidized gym membership, football, running, and bouldering teams
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, unlimited drinks & fruits
Apply now! We're looking forward to meeting our next teammate! You can also choose whether to include a CV, your LinkedIn profile, a link to your github, tech blog, or portfolio – whatever you think will give us the complete picture.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.