At SumUp, we believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realize their dreams. Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their business. With a founders mentality and a 'team-first attitude' our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
As a senior data engineer at SumUp you will build and scale complex data pipelines that collect data into our data lake and provide data to internal services and external users.
What you’ll be doing in this position:
- Develop data pipelines to gather data into data lake
- Provide data from data lake to internal systems and services, external partners and users
- Develop data transformation jobs using our big data infrastructure
- Implement real-time data flows, streaming analytics
- Integrate internal information systems
What you'll bring along:
- Computer science, any other quantitative degree, or at least 7 years of related job experience
- Very good programming skills in Python and at least some experience with Scala
- Sound experience of working with various databases (RDBMS, NoSQL, cloud databases), understanding their specifics and use cases, perfect knowledge of SQL
- Experience of working with Airflow, Spark and Kafka
- Experience with AWS data engineering services
Why you should join SumUp:
- Be part of a close, welcoming international community of more than 1400+ people from over 52 nationalities. We get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, football, office parties
- Visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to living and working in Berlin
- Budget for attending conferences and advancing your career. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks!
- Semi-annual off-sites, where the tech teams from Berlin, Sofia, and São Paulo gather together. In the past, we've gone to Spain, Bulgaria, Greece and a castle in the countryside of Germany
- SumUp Corporate Pension Scheme
- German classes
- Wellness benefits such as yoga classes, subsidized gym membership, football, running, and bouldering teams
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, unlimited drinks & fruits
Apply now! We're looking forward to meeting our next teammate! You can also choose whether to include a CV, your LinkedIn profile, a link to your github, tech blog, or portfolio – whatever you think will give us the complete picture.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.