Know more about SumUp
At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants.
Our start-up mindset, love for product and care for each other foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow.
Know our Risk team
As part of the Risk team, you will be our Sherlock Holmes!
You will be accountable for preparing the land, structuring our data and so crunch databases and develop machine learning to solve some puzzles when talking about fraud and Risk!
We are experiencing the best moment in our company for a data scientist: we know what we do right, but we want to be more brain over muscles! We need to automate our processes and deliver an ever-smarter process!
Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Development of predictive models;
- Analysis of existing processes, reporting the results and improving the process;
- Report and act based on identified patterns of fraud detected in analyzes;
- Automate and take our risk and fraud processes to another level
- Be the subject matter when it comes to card present and card not present transactions.
You'll be perfect for this position if:
- You have a solid background with excellent knowledge of financial products and risk management, particularly with card not present transactions;
- You are flexible and have responsive approach because of the exposure to varied demands;
- You have a problem-solving approach and good intuition in risk measurement;
- You have interest and aptitude to apply quantitative techniques for measuring risks of derivatives products;
- You can program in Phyton and R;
- You worked with SQL before;
- You have a good business sense;
- You have an advanced English.
Perks and benefits
- Healthcare for employees subsidized by the company,
- Optional dental assistance,
- Private Pension Plan
- Transport voucher or parking space at the office building,
- Meal voucher,
- Life insurance
Nice flexible working hours - you make your own schedule and have freedom to align with the team if you want to work remotely or take a few days off Convenient location in the heart of Pinheiros (São Paulo), close to the central station and main avenues
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.