Here at SumUp we are proud of our amazing and challenging work environment, our multinational teams and the enthusiasm and the passion that everyone brings to the table. Why? Because we do things differently. With more than 1400 employees from more than 30 nations around the globe, we all come together to offer our merchants the best product and service. If you’re looking for a chance to participate and contribute your ideas, SumUp is the right place for you!
The SumUp world is inspired by one dream: payments should be easy and affordable to empower small merchants all over the world. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand. And yes, we are well on our way, as businesses in over 33 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team in the USA that is committed to one another and to our merchants. Do you want to be part of this journey? We are currently looking to hire a full-time Brand Strategist for our SumUp office in Boulder, CO, to support the Marketing team in the development of the SumUp brand in the US. If you believe you are the right fit for our expanding team, we would love to have you apply.
What you will do?
- Plan short and/or long-term business/brand plans identifying business objectives, strategies, key initiatives and performance measurements by using insights collected from situation assessment, marketplace information, etc. in order to support division/region portfolio and brand growth targets.
- Plan and execute different growth hacking initiatives
- Hands-on develop creative storytelling, key message development and brand positioning across merchant and lifestyle
- Create and execute a communication plan and public relations initiatives designed to increase brand awareness using various tools
- Write creative copies for our websites, emails, and advertisement that communicate our brand message, help brings more sales and gain new merchants
- Collaborate with marketing teammates to develop our website design and content marketing (email, blog, social media assets, and more.)
- Taking the lead on the creative direction on all of our design needs such as presentations, signage, and trade show collateral to make sure all creatives match the brand messages.
- Utilize understanding of consumer insights and market trends in order to identify key issues and opportunities for scalable brand growth.
- Write business and creative briefs that clearly articulate brand objectives and success criteria in order to inform and direct the work of internal and external teams and agencies in support effective execution of brand plans.
- Write Situation Assessment in order to identify and prioritize brand-building opportunities by utilizing data-driven insights
- You will report to the Head of Performance Marketing USA to ensure solutions meet our highest-quality standards and be responsible for localizing marketing creatives for the US market based on the global brand guidelines
Why this is the right opportunity for you?
- You have 3+ years of experience in Branding or Communication
- You’re familiar with modern design tools and services
- You have experience working with existing brands and building brands with a clean slate
- Excellent PowerPoint Skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills which help you to communicate ideas and concepts with team members from a wide range of countries and cultures
- You have a strong design aesthetic - photography skills, motion graphics, illustration, and conceptual ad skills are all a big plus
- You are comfortable in English. Any other language is a bonus!
- You have a bachelors or MBA degree
What you will love about SumUp?
- An exciting and highly motivated working environment
- Prime office location on Pearl Street (Downtown Boulder)
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- FSA & 401K Retirement Plans
- Immediate PTO available upon hire
- Startup environment and small, cross-functional teams
- Fun: weekly team events and SumUp US milestone celebrations
- Free rotating beer selection, fruits, and organic snacks
- Free Bus Pass and discounted Gym Memberships
- 1 Outdoor day - this is why we live in Boulder, right?
Who are we?
We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe, South America and strongly growing in the US. We started out 8 years ago and built our payment service from scratch to shake up the industry and wake up the entrepreneur within anyone and entered the US market about two years ago. We created a unique device that, with the smartphone that’s in your pocket, allows small merchants to accept card payments anywhere. Whether our merchants are brewing coffee or fixing cars, we want to make technology that everyone knows how to use. So, our merchants can get on with what they do best. From our paperless onboarding to taking the first payment, we make it easy. Traditional offerings leave out small businesses; we put them first. We are open and honest about our pricing and have no hidden fees. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. So, if you’re looking for the chance to innovate and disrupt the payment industry – join us. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: to build a better way to get paid. We’ve got some huge challenges ahead of us, and we need smart, creative people to help us tackle them.
Do you want to join? We’re looking forward to your application!