Head of Workplace
At SumUp - we empower small businesses to be successful doing what they love.
As a global FinTech company, our vision is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand. We are well on our way: small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. A better way to get paid. We are on a constant mission to put together a team that greatly values one another and is committed to our merchants.
Finding and creating our future SumUp Berlin office is extremely critical for our long-term journey. We are excited to be looking for a Head of Workplace who can help manage the process to reach the next step. You make things happen - you will guide the project from conception to realisation, to the best quality within budget and with a timely completion. More importantly, you also uphold the values that make us SumUp.
Your Key Impact Areas
- Find and assess suitable properties/locations
- Hire, motivate, negotiate and liaise with architects and agencies to help deliver the broad vision
- Oversee the administration of contracts, building regulation compliance, fee negotiations
- Manage budgets, project programming and onsite delivery
- Manage internal and external stakeholders to ensure project delivery
You will be a great fit if:
- You have around 10 years of experience as a project or programme manager;
- You know the real estate market in Berlin;
- You have a bachelor's degree, ideally in Facility, Civil Engineering, Interior Design, Real Estate Design or similar areas;
- Experience gained within an architecture/design/facility management will be a plus;
- You have experience dealing with building regulations;
- You are fluent in English - you'll be part of a truly global company!
- Fluency in German will be considered a plus
More About Us
We believe in the everyday hero. Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their business. With a founders mentality and a 'team-first attitude' our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful in doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.