Know more about SumUp
At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 30 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants.
Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow.
Here is a flavor of your day-to-day job:
- Your main responsibilities will be assisting on day-to-day tax calculation, issues and filings. Also maintain indirect tax compliance calendar and ensure all filing requirements are met in a timely manner
- As member of the tax team, you will be the go-to person for the execution, SLA maintenance and quality assurance of all the tax routines. The routines will include for example: direct and or indirect tax calculations, delivery of tax returns, attend the demands of the tax authorities, help the SAP/Guepardo team to finish the implementations.
- We expect an ownership behavior and a unquiet mind, always questioning the “status quo” and implementing routines improvements to make us go to the next level.
You will fit perfectly to our team if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or other related course.
- Tax Calculation:
- Experience with indirect taxes (ICMS, ICMS-ST, IPI, PIS/COFINS and ISS).
- Experience with direct taxes (IRPJ and CSLL).
- Experience with withholding taxes (ISSRF and IRRF).
- Tax reporting and "Obrigações Acessórias":
- Experience in preparation and filing of indirect tax obligations (GIA + SPEDs: EFD ICMS-IPI & EFD-Contribuições).
- Experience with withholding tax preparation and filing (REINF, DIRF & NFTS).
- Experience with direct tax preparation and filing (ECF).
- Other routines and skills:
- Experience in attending notifications and other demands from the tax authorities
- Monitoring e control of the Clearance Certificates (Federal, State and Municipal CNDs).
- Advanced Excel.
- Advanced English is a plus - you'll be part of a truly global organization!
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.