At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow.
SumUp is off-shelf available in over 1500 stores and webshops across the EU at ‘Bricks & Mortar’ retailers and e-tailers. As Partner Manager Retail you will be responsible for a portfolio of key retail partnerships - here you will need to build sustainable partnerships and grow the sales of your retailers to new heights. You will nurture, negotiate and plan impactful marketing campaigns and will be responsible for an effective in-store and online execution of your retail partners. To achieve this goal you will work closely with our retail team of partner-, sales- and growth managers to help us to continue growing profitable partnerships across the continent.
What you’ll be doing in this role:
- You will be the key driver of our retail channel’s performance, being responsible for a portfolio of strategic ‘Bricks & Mortar’ retail and e-tail partnerships across Europe.
- Develop and secure effective marketing campaigns with your retailers, ensuring long term beneficial partnerships.
- You will set targets and be accountable for your own performance.
- You will be responsible for launching new retail partnerships brought in by our retail sales team.
- You will be responsible for an excellent in-store execution at your retailer portfolio.
- You will continuously challenge and improve processes and setups
- Consult and convince your buyers on the relevance and value of mPOS and SumUp to the retailers’ customers.
- Work closely with other functions, such as our marketing, growth and logistics teams.
- You have a solid 3-5 years of experience in business development, key account management or sales.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are result driven. You have an affinity with data and know how to turn data and commercial insights into plans.
- You are self-driven, proactive, persistent, pragmatic and have a can-do attitude.
- You have an eye for detail and like to
- You have strong negotiation skills and are trustworthy. Experience negotiating with buyers/category managers/retailers is a plus.
- You have excellent presentation and language skills (verbally and written) in English and German. Fluency in additional languages is considered a plus.
- You have a proven track-record and feel comfortable communicating with and convincing C-level business partners.
- You are able and willing to travel.
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Empowerment to do great things and the opportunity to leave your mark in a high-growth organization
- Our team comes from 50 different countries creating a fun, international environment.
- Competitive merit-based bonus.
- Convenient location in the heart of Berlin at Alexanderplatz
- Ping-pong table, beer in the fridge, German classes, yoga classes and many more perks.
- Convenient location in the heart of Alexanderplatz.
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for breakfasts, brunches, soccer, German and yoga lessons.
- Our team comes from 40 different countries building a fun, international environment.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.