Know more about SumUp
At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them succeed. Our vision as a global fintech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in 30+ countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants.
Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow.
SumUp is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to turn vast amount of data from all our internal areas into meaningful insights that will assist our business becoming more based on the data.
You should be able to partner with people from all tenures across the organization to find opportunities to make their areas more based upon data, create hypothesis in a structured and pragmatic approach. In addition, he/she should work with internal clients to implement and monitor critical metrics, translating them into actionable outcomes.
We are looking for someone who is very enthusiastic, who loves data but also has a passion for using information to change a certain course of action. Moreover, the ability to influence, connect the business strategy to real actions, make effective decisions in a fast paced, startup environment are paramount to thrive in this role.
What you'll do in this position
- You will work in close collaboration with business partners, increase our data to produce insights, and contribute in reaching and out-beating business objectives (e.g. growth)
- You will conceive and implement polished reports through data-visualisation tools to ensure business teams can take data-controlled operational decisions
- You will contribute to further grow our ‘self-BI’ capabilities (e.g. Data Cubes)
- You will evangelize the whole organization regarding the use of our data tools through trainings and interviews
You'll be a great fit for this position if:
- You have a University Degree in Economics, Business, Data Science, Computer Science or Engineering
- You are fluent in English - you'll take part in a truly global company!
- You are experienced working with data visualization tools like Tableau, QlikView, etc.
- You have strong SQL skills
- You preferably have a command of statistical analysis tools like R or Python
- You have an analytical mindset
- You enjoy having great autonomy in structuring your work and being enthusiastic
- You have good communication and coordination skills
Why work at SumUp
- You will be part of the payments industry revolution. Globally!
- A crucial role and responsibility to drive data-managed culture in a FinTech!
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description
- Our team comes from 40 different countries building a fun, international environment
- Transportation voucher or parking space
- Meal voucher
- Optional dental assistance
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.