We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realize their dreams. Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their business. With a founders mentality and a 'team-first attitude' our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
Our team of 20 designers is split into two general departments covering Product and Brand design. The Brand Design team—split between Berlin and Saõ Paulo—focuses on both off and online materials for internal and external use (ranging from "Merchant Stories" videos and producing consistent branding assets for our marketing site to wrapping entire trains with our branding).
We pride ourselves on our close collaboration, transparency, fun-loving nature & most importantly; placing our merchant-base of over 1 million global business owners (36+ languages) at the heart of each and every decision we make.
What you're going to do
As (Senior) Brand Designer you're going to use you're design skills to develop and execute brand experiences and campaigns across different platforms - from web to print, and marketing channels (including decks, clothing, packaging, event collaterals). You will drive projects from start to finish while balancing foundational design explorations with getting projects out the door and iterating fast. You will work closely with stakeholders and peers around the globe to ensure solutions meet our highest-quality standards.
- You have 3+ years experience as a Brand or Communication Designer
- You’re familiar with modern design tools and services
- You have experience working with existing brands as well as building brands with a clean slate
- Excellent communication and presentation skills which help you to communicate ideas and concepts with team members from a wide range of countries and cultures
- You have a strong design aesthetic - photography skills, motion graphics, illustration, and conceptual ad skills are all a big plus
- You are comfortable in English. Any other language is a bonus
- Be part of a welcoming and international community of 1500 people from over 50 nationalities. We get together regularly for breakfast, brunches, cocktail nights and office parties
- Visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to living and working in Berlin
- Budget for attending conferences and advancing your career. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks!
- Biweekly knowledge sharing session for the whole design team
- Football, Bouldering & Running teams
- SumUp Corporate Pension Scheme
- Free German classes & Yoga classes
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, unlimited drinks & fruits
We'll be happy to receive your application including your resume and portfolio that demonstrates your experience.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.